24 October, 2019

I'm misused, Miss Construed, I don't need to be saved (part 3)

(Continued from part two.)

scaredto13

The Children of the Corn room was really tiny, and the only things that seemed to rez in clearly were the rusted-out truck and the barn door on the other side. A room this small should snap things into focus faster than it did; I blame the constant dunning drone of sound loops and scripting at this point.

scaredto14

Another small room was the hallway from The Shining. Just the hallway and the twins. Iconic, sure, but...necessary? Especially since just past that was the smallest room of the entire haunt, that just contained a box TV glowing blue and a wisp of unrezzed angles I can only assume was the little girl from Poltergeist.

scaredto15

Then we were in the high school prom--in flames--from Carrie. And again, best picture I had. And the car spent about as much time in this room as the car had spent in the graveyard build outside, so there is no reason things weren't perfectly rezzed in.

scaredto16

The next was supposed to be The Exorcist--I could tell that by the prim figure holding a book while another figure sat bolt upright in bed, while the scene was bathed in green light--and through that to what I originally took to be some sort of western horror film I didn't remember--at least, until the sound loops caught up with me and started playing the violin stings from Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Okay, I guess tumbleweeds and hanging body bags mean Texas? Somehow?

scaredto17

NO idea what the next room was supposed to be, nothing rezzed in but the end image, which was from Halloween--but nothing else seemed to match. There was a road sign saying "Haddonfield", but Haddonfield was where the Halloween murders took place, and that sign places it two miles away from the road and the house to the left. How'ver, what clinched it was the soundtrack playing loops of Laurie Strode saying "He was the boogeyman".

Next entry!

No comments:

I've got a three day headache and it's all in my head

It's the 30th of March. One day before Ostara. And there's been a lot of...well. Conversations like the one below. [18:43] Emil...