28 October, 2019

she helped me with my suitcase, she stands before my eyes

This one confuses me. Their blurb:
We are just a group of friends who like to hang out and enjoy meeting new people. We have a club that we periodically host events at and a Baby Girl RP playground in the sky.
Welcome squinting-face-grin-emojo
Chill , Voice Chat , Laid Back , No Drama , Hang Out, haunted hous
So that's the only reason this listing is in search? The mention of "haunted hous" at the end?

Great.

exoticleg1

So, first things first. The port-in-point is a circle, surrounded by a half-circle wooden wall. But, directly in front of the avatar's feet is a teleport pad. If it's not set for the haunted house, left-click it and pick the haunted house. Simple and done.

Of course, the fresh stag corpse spilling entrails on the house's porch is not the best sign...Also, I didn't turn around for a better look, but there's both an extremely quick-paced male scream sound loop that's rather annoying from something on the lawn, as well as something with...shall we say...extreme gastric disturbance? I mean, I realize that part of the land description says "a Baby Girl RP playground", but that doesn't mean a five-year-old's sense of humor, does it?

exoticleg2

There's a lot of death in this house. Bloody patches, corpses of human and animal, lots of death motifs. I can't figure out yet if this is one of those "look we found all these things" houses, or if there's actually a theme.

Beyond the constant intestinal gas, I mean.

exoticleg3

Up to the second floor, and wau, they really seem to adore this one array of melting candles from Medieval Fantasy. This is the third time I've seen it used.

exoticleg4

Make that fourth. We've discussed the hazard of repeating props or set pieces in haunts before--one or two are fine, but more than that causes severe visual dissonance in both RL and SL haunts. It throws us out of the mindset we need to be in to properly take in the atmosphere of any haunt. (One of my problems with the proliferation of game rips this year--I see something I've seen in thirty other haunts, I'm immediately bored with it.)

exoticleg5

Everyone should know by now my position on kids--even wholly prim kids--on Adult sims. I may grant one point for the fact that she is so obviously dead. But still. At the very least it's tacky beyond all reason,and at the worst, it makes me worry about ageplay on the premises, and not want to be there.

Also tacky beyond all reason: I found the source of all the farting. Which makes even less sense, as it's a skeleton doing it. But really, no one needed this in a haunt. NO. ONE.

exoticleg6

And of course, leaving the house, the first thing that catches my eye is the direct game rip from American McGee's second Alice game, and...yep, that's it, done here.

Do not recommend. Go if you want, or if you're totally cool with toilet humor. Otherwise, there are better haunts on the grid.

No comments:

hide away, they say, 'cos we don't want your broken parts

Yeah, so...remember that thing I was recovering from? You know, last year ? Yeah. I did it again. So this is Em Faw Down Go Boom part ...