02 October, 2019

cut the cord and swing the lead, failures fate the one instead

Wow, talk about saying the exact wrong thing:
[14:30] cxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: Hey. Can someone lend me L$100? Please help me complete L$1290 for pay my rent, I promise pay back tomorrow.
And that, right there, is the multifaceted statement that should not have been said. Because it immediately identifies the speaker, in the minds of nearly all listeners, as:
  • A beggar
  • A bot
  • A spoiled idiot that's not worth interacting with
  • an object of derision
  • non-human, see above comment on bot
  • a scammer, see above comments on non-human and bot
and from that point, all conversation will by default go downhill. As this one did.
[14:30] sxxxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: laughs
[14:31] sxxxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: err wrong chat
Ms. C-Bot's comment, or yours? Because yours was the perfect response, Mr. S.
[14:31] Kxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: can you plice delekt you
[14:31] Kxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: ?
[14:31] Kxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: plice dont rent a land
[14:32] jxxxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: wat
That was my reaction. What is Miss K saying? "Can you please delete yourself" is how I translated the first statement, and I guess the second is, if you don't rent, you won't have to beg for Lindens, but the first one is still on the baffling side.
[14:32] yxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: 6 years on SL, and you are STILL begging? Pathetic.
It really is.
[14:32] mxxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: No I'm sorry I do not lend money
Me neither, unless I know the person really well. Random hey-toss-me-a-thousand characters? Nope, never going to help them out.
[14:33] jxxxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: im content with my 8L tbh
[14:34] jxxxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: you can try pole dancing tho, got 300l one time
I'd expand that for the C-Bot. Find something you like doing. There are lots of people hiring for lots of things, and there are Lindens to be made honestly. Go do that.
[14:34] jxxxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: there are some weird people who pay for weird things
Well, that too.
[14:35] pxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: lol back years ago it was okay that what everyone was doing at the time
[14:35] jxxxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: i was also paid 500l to do an rp with a guy who sent a pic of himself irl and i just had to power through it
[14:36] yxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: hahahaah
[14:36] jxxxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: i literally took a shower afterwards
[14:36] sxxxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: lo9l
[14:36] yxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: ROFL
[14:36] sxxxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: lol
Yeah, dick pics are rife in Second Life, as well.
[14:37] jxxxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: on a lighter note of getting lindens, an admin made a mad homophobe pay me and a friend
[14:37] jxxxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: i havent spent a cent on sl

[14:37] jxxxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: and i have made bank
[14:38] jxxxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: but i do not know how to manage it at all Good for you. I haven't been as lucky, but I know it is possible. There's a lot of people who survive here--and occasionally survive in RL--on what's made in world.
[14:40] yxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: Awesome ;)

[14:47] cxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: Please, can someone lend the R$100 to complete L$1290 for pay my rent? I really need pay the tier now and I promise pay back tomorrow. I beg, someone? Yeah, NO, you idiot, get the hint and stop.
[14:48] lxx Fxxxxxxxx: Hmm guess My money not good enough for her I told her I give her some money an asking no payment back I sent her LM to come get the money She has not accept the LM or come for the money All I was doing is trying to help her out guess some people just cant be help,,,
Yeah, so that whole thing: if I'm right that the C-Bot is a spammer, then they won't travel from wherever they're parked. They'll occasionally try to talk you into giving them money via IMs, but 99% of the time, they won't travel to any avatar to get paid in person. I don't know why, maybe that's an edict from whatever overseas company is making them farm for gold or Lindens in a tiny little cubicle farm.
[14:49] yxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: Well, you tried! you'e done your good deed for today.
[14:49] lxx Fxxxxxxxx: I really did try
[14:51] lxx Fxxxxxxxx: nods since she dose not want my help block her gives 1 chance all she gets at it she wouldnt accept shruggs oh well
[14:52] jxxxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: f
[14:52] yxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: I am sure she is posting this in all sorts of groups
I'm absolutely sure the C-Bot is doing exactly that.
[14:53] lxx Fxxxxxxxx: nods
[14:55] jxxxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: 1290 for rent, or 1290 for the ridicoulously expensive skirt on the mp
[14:57] yxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: Touche! ;)
[14:57] jxxxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: bruh i just want cute stuff to wear that fits my avi why tf [sh*t] gotta be so expensive
[15:10] lxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: you can find alot cute stuff for free you just have to look
You do. But yeah, some things are overpriced. On the other hand, sometimes things are worth the higher price. You have to decide for yourselves what's worth it on SL.

No comments:

I've got a three day headache and it's all in my head

It's the 30th of March. One day before Ostara. And there's been a lot of...well. Conversations like the one below. [18:43] Emil...