23 October, 2019

I'm misused, Miss Construed, I don't need to be saved (part 1)

Have I been back to the haunt at Pixel Eye this year yet? Their description seems unchanged:
The Perfect Place To Be For Halloween Or Anytime! The Best & Most Realistic Haunted House Ride On Second Life! Realistic Ridable Cars That Ride You Through The Scary Huge Haunted House Of Horrors! Have A Fun and Spooky Time...If You Survive That Is!
Okay. Let's go see.

I was handed a rules card upon landing:
Please Touch The Green Button On The Wall To Rezz And Select A Car, Please Be Patient And Wait For The Pumpkin Car To Rezz In For You, Once You Sit In It, A Menu MAY Come Up To Start The Ride, The First Person Who Sat In The Car Will Then Push The Start Ride! Button. Only One Avatar Needs To Sit First In The Car For The Start Ride! Menu To Come Up. Upon Hitting The Start Ride! Button, The Ride Will Then Start In 30 Seconds.
Okay, seems pretty simple.

scaredto1

So, first issue. Car took five minutes to rez. I'm willing to attribute that to my shaky comp at the moment, over anything on the sim, though to my credit, there are tons of animesh monsters running around, lots of active scripts, lots of repeating sound loops...so it may not have been just me.

scaredto2

BECAUSE OF COURSE WE START OUT WITH A GAME RIP WHY NOT on my gods make it stop.

scaredto3

So, past the initial portrait gallery, we have clowns. And here's where the second issue became a real issue, and continued through the ride--things would not rez. Just. Would. Not. And as the ride car doesn't exactly have a 'slow down and wait' button, my choices were to snap the best pics I could (which is the one I went with), or ride it later in the hopes of getting better pictures (and later on, I realized the last thing I wanted was to ride this nightmare again).

scaredto4

Next was a graveyard, with the car riding around three of the four edges before returning through another barn door. Very very little rezzed; all the pictures I took have something missing, fuzzy, or otherwise indistinct.

scaredto5

Through another barn door was a raised bridge over...tentacles? I was trying to figure out what film this was supposed to be. Creature from the Black Lagoon? Swamp Thing? The soundtrack, while loud, just wasn't clear.

scaredto6

Through the back barn door there was a warehouse/garage stop, with Christine sitting dead center. I'm not likely to ever forget that particular make, model, and color scheme, so okay, that reference I get. But again, note that not everything had rezzed in by the time I got to the room--or left through the side door.

Next entry! On to part two.

No comments:

I've got a three day headache and it's all in my head

It's the 30th of March. One day before Ostara. And there's been a lot of...well. Conversations like the one below. [18:43] Emil...