29 October, 2019

in truth, I want to live so bad it hurts (part two)

You're a jerk for selling this openly, Fresh3D. Just so you know. That is a direct game rip from the second Evil Within game, and I've never seen it on offer before, which means you brought it in. You should be ashamed of yourself.

? We continue from the passage of Tim Burton flailing things.

paranoia8

I guess it's only fair, tentacles and blood lead to radiation? Or maybe radiation leads to tentacles and blood, the ride just had it reversed. Oh, and there's a game rip, from Silent Hill: Homecoming, I believe. Because of course there is.

paranoia9

And then...

Awiens!


Or some sort of very odd sea life.

paranoia10

The next corridor was all visual--televisions, projectors, eyes, with scraps of horror films running on them interspersed with static. This was also weirdly effective for how simple it was.

paranoia11

And the next corridor...largely features spiders. Be warned. I tried my best to crop the picture I'm showing to feature only webs, but the section of the ride has a lot of things in those webs.

paranoia12

Next up was Halloweentown, and I view this as more homage over mesh rips, especially because I'm not sure there ever was a Nightmare Before Christmas game.

paranoia13

One last shot of Oogie Boogie rolling his dice...

paranoia14

...and then the ride was over.

All things considered, it's long enough to feel like an experience, and short enough to take friends with and make a jaunt of it. The sets are varied, and interesting, and while I do detract a skull for the game rips, honestly this is a four-star haunt otherwise. It's a lot of fun,and non-arachnophobes will enjoy it. There are a few jump scares, if you're sensitive to those, but otherwise, it's just a good, nostalgic carnival ride.

No comments:

I've got a three day headache and it's all in my head

It's the 30th of March. One day before Ostara. And there's been a lot of...well. Conversations like the one below. [18:43] Emil...