21 October, 2019

it's easier to walk away, cover and fade to black

Next up, Halloween Hollow. And their blurb says
Witch House Witches Hat Potion Cauldron Pentacle Ghost Spell Book Wand Bat Black Cat Rain Spider Web Pumpkin Patch Jack o' Lantern Dead Tree Fairy Harvest Halloween Village Market Animated Spider Rat Owl
That's clear enough, I suppose.

Luna-Isle-deux

Damn it, I've been here too. WHY two ads? WHY why why??

How about BeMart Halloween? Their blurb is a tad bit shorter:
Welcome boils and ghouls to the BEMART 2019 Annual Halloween event!

Haunted houses, Graveyard, Movie and T.V. themed scenes and more!

At the end is a Carnival/Amusement Park.
bemart1
There is a lot going on here, it seems like a very expansive haunt.

bemart2

Another skeletal animesh piece, I believe.

bemart3

Tch. Game rip. Come on, people, you were doing so well.

bemart4

I know we all miss Silent Hill games, but this is ridiculous.

Okay. Take a deep breath. I am trying to reserve judgement, I am trying to reserve judgement, I am trying to...

bemart5

Hell with it. I'm out.

Let me make this plain: I'm okay with tribute. It happens in RL haunted houses, it happens in SL haunted houses. And, if I end up with the time to do so, I may go back to see what's behind that irised door into Stranger Things.

But. There is a limit. I go to a Walking Dead sim, for example, I'm expecting being chased by zombies, and overgrown suburbia sets. What I won't expect are Walking Dead game rips of the characters that showed up in those games. If I go into any media-heavy haunt I can largely expect movie monsters, fine. But if I see the specific game mesh any of the killers that show up in Dead by Daylight use, for instance? Those are direct game rips, and it's disappointing.

So while the Stranger Things section of BeMart's haunt may be fine, the fact I had to see all the game rips to get there put a bad taste in my mouth, and I just left.

1 comment:

Vilhelm man said...

A week full of achievements!

hide away, they say, 'cos we don't want your broken parts

Yeah, so...remember that thing I was recovering from? You know, last year ? Yeah. I did it again. So this is Em Faw Down Go Boom part ...