21 October, 2020

you could come to me by plane, but that wouldn't be the same as that old motel room in Texarkana was

"An honorable human relationship — that is, one in which two people have the right to use the word 'love' — is a process, delicate, violent, often terrifying to both persons involved, a process of refining the truths they can tell each other."
~Adrienne Rich
Food for thought.

At any rate, "Spook House by Sinatra," the listing said. It went on:
Sinatra's Spook House Ride - Haunted House Sinatra ghost train dark ride Carnival ride Sideshow Spook Halloween scary Spooky
Okay. The first dark ride in SL? I thought that belonged to someone else, the Temple dark ride...but sure, let's check it out.

spookhouse1

2003? That is quite old, yes. (And upon reflection, looking at the layout...I may have been through this one before.)

spookhouse2

I have ridden this one before! This is the pay ride!

spookhouse3

So, since I'd covered that already, and nothing in the ride has changed...I wandered the rest of the area. Some small storefronts, some decor items, and...a side tent, with...fortune-telling machines?
[14:00] The Spirit Speaks: "The winds are about and walking."
Though that's not really a fortune...

spookhouse4

The next machine said "Touch skull for fortune". So I did.
[14:00] Magic Skull: So uh Emilly Shatner-Orr ......you touch dead guys a lot do yah? You kinda look the freaky type.
[14:01] Magic Skull: I see an attractive stranger in your future. I can't help but feel sorry for them.
Rude.

spookhouse5

Scattered through the circle were Zyngo systems, and some other match-and-win "non"-gambling machines, and a few vendors, but all in all, it at least took up five more minutes.
[14:03] 7 - Your Future: All things are off in one hour.
[14:03] 7 - Your Future: You already know the answer to the questions lingering inside your head.
Now you tell me.

All in all, the ride itself still gets two of of three skulls, but the tent area, and some of the decor pieces, get three, so...it's at least worth going to if you're bored?

No comments:

I wanna live a vibrant life, but I wanna die a boring death

This is the..."Ham Tree"...at LORE . It's a group gift. Mesmer's love of meat where meat should not be is spreading... ...