17 October, 2020

Xticey's Haunted Halls of Horror

Have I been here before? Because I wasn't sure, I went to check it out (possibly again).

xticey-HH1

The blurb comes in two parts:
The following is intended for adults only it contains some extremely violent and strong adult content, seriously a real warning may cause seizures. Adult,Haunted House,Gore,Blood,mutilation,Twisted,Death,Zombies,Witchcraft,Horror,Haunted,Halls
and from the drop-down:
Welcome! to the Haunted Halls of Horror, this is a mature themed event WARNING! may cause seizures enter t your own risk blahahahahahahaha
Oooookay, then. I should say before going in, it is on Adult land, so...maybe that's part of what they mean?

xticey-HH2

Oh, so it's a maze. But a very odd one. Three paths lead to dead ends, one doesn't, but I had to track back and forth several times to find the one path that led through.

xticey-HH3

The expected number of game rips, always disappointing, before getting here. There is more blood on the ground than usual, so...maybe that's what all the warnings meant?

xticey-HH4

And then I fell through the blood-soaked ground, into a corridor of spiders. Arachnophobes, be warned: this is the ONLY spider action, but it's intense.

xticey-HH5

And then I fell again, into...a corridor of asylum. How...derivative.

xticey-HH6

And then I fell again, but this was interesting. Fog. Twilight. Walking along a pipe that turned underfoot. Neat effect.

xticey-HH7

I fell once more, and was in a corridor of circus. I'm so over the tropes at this point. Do something different than the standard.

xticey-HH8

And I fell once more, into Hell. Great. Snarling dogs eating still-moving hands, huge, game-ripped torturers in spiked harnesses. Fire. Lava. Burnt trees.

Seen it.

And then I fell one last time back to the beginning.

Overall? Not impressed. More things dripped blood, sure, but we've seen it all before--the game rips, the circus builds, the asylum builds, the fiery Hell levels--I mean, ultimately, look. It's a haunted house. I don't expect spine-tingling originality. But I do expect a little more than spike traps and jumpscare skeletons.

One out of five skulls. I wouldn't bother.

No comments:

I wanna live a vibrant life, but I wanna die a boring death

This is the..."Ham Tree"...at LORE . It's a group gift. Mesmer's love of meat where meat should not be is spreading... ...