09 October, 2020

and in its wake, a market erected; an entire industry built on the dead

Seen on a random profile:
"That which submits rules...The willow submits to the wind and prospers until one day it is many willows--a wall against the wind. This is the willow's purpose."
~Reverend Mother Gaius Helen Mohiam (Dune)
Mm. Pretty much.

Anyway, back to the Belasco Mansion. AKA, Hell House. Ostensibly to see if I can track down a good pose, or setting, for this years Fallen Gods' photography contest...

As it turns out, I did (one of those pictures I'll include after the ones shot for this entry), but for this run, as I've covered the Belasco Mansion before, I wanted to concentrate on things I've managed to miss over the years, or new things, and...I think I found a few.

hell-house-redux1

First, I don't think I've ever just looked at the exterior of the build before. It is really, really close to the house used in the film in 1973.

Belasco-cat

(Gif courtesy of the Final Girl's Tumblr.)

See? The builder did a great job here.

hell-house-redux2

Over to the far right of the mansion, I found this. It's just a cutout propped against the wall, but it's interesting. The dim, glowing red lights fade in and out, it's a neat effect.

hell-house-redux3

Further down, still on the right side, there's this little greenhouse. Floating eyes in the center of a spiraling vortex of energy. (Some of the details blurred out on the image cutouts, though, because this haunt is still VERY NSFW, start to finish.)
hell-house-redux4

And this lovely little fountain, which I had to capture very carefully, as it sits between a fully erect satyr on one side, and an elf-human couple having energetic sex on the other.

hell-house-redux5

Inside the house now, and...did I know there was a little interior (quite dead) garden spot, on the second floor? I don't think I did.

hell-house-redux6

Everything else seemed substantially the same, save for this little attic loft. There's a ring of chairs around a large, circular table topped in red velvet. I'll leave any intrepid explorers to discover the pictures on that table, and the...menu...of a certain night's events...but in the meantime, I found this statue interesting. This had a 'touch' sign, too, and when it was touched, lightning flared, rain began pouring down, and the statue's face changed from verdigris to Vincent Price:

Vincent-Price

Another neat effect.

hell-house-redux7

And finally, this was this year's entry for the Fallen Gods' Gods and Goddesses photography contest. Taken in the haunted chapel of Belasco, naturally. I liked the way it came out.

As always, this comes with five out of five skulls, BUT a significant caution--if you're not wanting to see adult content, DO NOT GO, because you practically can't take two steps without tripping over a nude body or a few nude bodies, most of them very actively engaged, let's say. For those willing to take the risk, it's starting to show its age, definitely, but it still has some power to it.

(For those curious: The 2019 visit, the 2018 visit, and I could have sworn that there were other visits between those two and the 2012 one, but...there you go.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Where is this sim?? Everyone wants to know!! Aren't you a Courtesan AKA WHORE. A Sakura Blossom. According to your profile, you can be hired out and do anything for some linden. cha-ching. Say hello to Lynn

I wanna live a vibrant life, but I wanna die a boring death

This is the..."Ham Tree"...at LORE . It's a group gift. Mesmer's love of meat where meat should not be is spreading... ...