28 October, 2020

I can do what I want, I'm in complete control, that's what I tell myself

Today I went to Nightmares and Screams. It was very, very wet. Their blurb was fairly short:
"Dark, scary, haunted house, hunt, maze, ghosts zombies blood skeletons frights prizes tricks treats ritual death ghouls"
So, first off, walking onto the parcel will give visitors a drop-down. You'll need to agree to the Experience system to play.

nightmare-screams1

It's definitely got its own feel, I'll give it that.

nightmare-screams2

Arachnophobes be warned: there are spiders. And screen-filling jump scares, so...there's that, too.

nightmare-screams3

Finally, inside the mansion and out of the rain! But the foyer is full of drifting leaves and howling winds...

nightmare-screams4

Unique wall art...

nightmare-screams5

And a tentacled cultist at the back of a very large film, mostly full of drifting shades, gargoyles, and ruined columns.

nightmare-screams6

The rest of it, though, apart from some fun effects, is mostly just slowly moving dead things and screaming. They could have done more with it. Good atmosphere, kind of weak execution, so...three out of five skulls.

No comments:

I wanna live a vibrant life, but I wanna die a boring death

This is the..."Ham Tree"...at LORE . It's a group gift. Mesmer's love of meat where meat should not be is spreading... ...