27 October, 2020

I won't let this pull me overboard (part II)

(Continued from the first part.)

And the rest of the conversation:
[10:20] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr): Threatening behavior IS enough, Mr. Ronin. Have you not figured that out yet?
[10:20] exxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: Have fun isolated to your own parcel.
[10:20] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr): Ah, our sweet Guv'nah will rent to anyone...but your actions will make you accepted, or not.
[10:21] Soaron Ronin (hoffMastersr Resident): bieng there.. done that..smile
"Been there".
[10:21] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr): Bored now.
[10:21] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr) wanders off.
10:21] Hxxx Sxxxxxx: Duchess...perhaps we should let Mr. Ronin unleash his plans on the Commonwealth...it would be amusing to see what his ideas of not boring are...
[10:21] exxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: Or in library in Oxbridge until I can convince Deans to band you from there as well.
[10:21] Ixxxxxx Dxxxxx: watches the troll line being crossed and heads off in the same general direction as the Duchess.
[10:21] Soaron Ronin (hoffMastersr Resident) hands a box of popcorn I found
[10:22] Soaron Ronin (hoffMastersr Resident): nehh all this is a getting to know ye conversation
If he truly means that, then he's a terrible conversationalist.
[10:22] exxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: Oxbridge bans trolls.
[10:23] Hxxx Sxxxxxx: snatches his popcrom back from the troll and hands him a ticket to Mondrago...
[10:23] Soaron Ronin (hoffMastersr Resident): in all the 9yrs I came to this.. never got banned for this kind of conversation
[10:23] exxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx wonders when Mondrago bans him
[10:23] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr): Then we shall surprise you, indeed.
[10:24] Soaron Ronin (hoffMastersr Resident): but I am pretty sure The Gov hears this.. so lets wait and see.
"Let's". And as I've said, Des won't ban anyone from Caledon, estate-wide, unless they are very bad indeed, on the level of constant griefing, harassment, shouting objects rezzed on Commonwealth land...but once more, that doesn't mean that individuals in Caledon can't ban him from their own parcels.
[10:24] Soaron Ronin (hoffMastersr Resident): at least we got the welcome talk sorted..
[10:25] Soaron Ronin (hoffMastersr Resident): glad to see you all. and more in time
[10:25] exxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: You won't
[10:25] Soaron Ronin (hoffMastersr Resident): that is stil up for grabs
"Still".
[10:25] Hxxx Sxxxxxx: Yells from upstairs...Honey...did you move my Jackalope Furry Suit...
[10:26] Hxxx Sxxxxxx: oh no do you think that pervert stole it?
[10:26] Soaron Ronin (hoffMastersr Resident): but I am glad to see the welcome mat to this region remains the same..
[10:26] Soaron Ronin (hoffMastersr Resident): missed it.. and one reason for the return of Me..
[10:26] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr): Well, he's welcome to it.
[10:27] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr): And I am *VERY* sure Des will be informed, yes.
Probably by multiple gentles, considering how this went.
[10:27] Soaron Ronin (hoffMastersr Resident): I failed furry classes.. epic
[10:27] Soaron Ronin (hoffMastersr Resident): so don't worry about furry suits
[10:28] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr): "return of Me". So not just a petty thief, but a petty thief with delusions of grandeur.
[10:28] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr) makes a note.
[10:28] exxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx has dealt with returning trolls before.
[10:28] Soaron Ronin (hoffMastersr Resident): neh.. just know how to Me a entance and known..
This was harder to parse. I think he's saying "just know how to make an entrance and [be] known"?
[10:28] Hxxx Sxxxxxx whispers..."who is he"
[10:28] Hxxx Sxxxxxx quakes...
[10:28] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr): No one of consequence, apparently.
[10:29] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr): And that would be "make an entrance"
[10:29] Soaron Ronin (hoffMastersr Resident): once I settle at kitty and get My stuffed shipped over in some days/week..then we get "busy"
"Stuff". And we don't care.
[10:29] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr): Good for you.
[10:30] Hxxx Sxxxxxx: look forward to it, mate...
[10:30] Soaron Ronin (hoffMastersr Resident): the rent is sorted.. so squating is out
"Squatting".
[10:31] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr) makes a note in the Gearhaven files, as well, before moving on to far more entertaining things.
And it was here, Constant Reader, that Emilly Orr entered her very first ban on Gearhaven's ground.
[10:31] Soaron Ronin (hoffMastersr Resident): I got a coptor . I can move arround..
"Around". And great, not only a troll, but an anachronist. Just what we need.
[10:32] Soaron Ronin (hoffMastersr Resident): and sins I hardly sleep.. like any good criminal.. pretty sure I meet all in time
"Since" And possibly "[will] meet all in time".

The conversation trailed off at this point; I certainly had better things to do, and I stopped paying attention. Then, around forty minutes later...
[12:14] Soaron Ronin (hoffMastersr Resident): greetings folk.. I hate to say it. but it looks like I got the place sorted and paid
[12:15] Soaron Ronin (hoffMastersr Resident): [Mxxx Mxxxxxxx] was very helpfull.. thanks
"Helpful". And that's her job as an estate manager. It doesn't mean she trusts you implicitly either, you nitwit.
[12:26] Hxxx Sxxxxxx: yea! welcome..
[12:28] Soaron Ronin (hoffMastersr Resident): any heartclock fixer arround?
"Around".
[12:37] Soaron Ronin (hoffMastersr Resident): ok. its not much.. tent and suplies.. but lets call it home for now
"Supplies". And again, "let's".
[12:39] Fxxxx Lxxxxxx: does supplies include ice cream? chocolate?
[12:39] Hxxx Sxxxxxx: sea urchin?
[12:40] Fxxxx Lxxxxxx: *makes a face*
[12:40] Soaron Ronin (hoffMastersr Resident): neh.. just oil and stuff to keep Me in the air...
[12:41] Soaron Ronin (hoffMastersr Resident): after I get the turkey stripped .. I can even eat
[13:08] Soaron Ronin (hoffMastersr Resident) almost started to sing "I am in heaven"
[13:09] axxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: I thought you died Soaron, welcome back?
[13:11] Soaron Ronin (hoffMastersr Resident): well I do have a heartclock now..
[13:11] Soaron Ronin (hoffMastersr Resident): but still good
[13:11] Soaron Ronin (hoffMastersr Resident): at being bad
At this point, this is just tiresome.
[13:12] Soaron Ronin (hoffMastersr Resident): and now we got the place sorted and paid.. I time to ship My stuff over
I think he means "in time to ship" here?
[13:13] Soaron Ronin (hoffMastersr Resident): but I do need help whit the heartclock soon.. any good at that?
"With". And possibly, "anyone good at that".
[13:15] axxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: not for you
[13:15] Soaron Ronin (hoffMastersr Resident): hehehehhe of course not
[13:22] Soaron Ronin (hoffMastersr Resident): you can't good at being bad and loved all over
You mean, "you can't [be] good at". And yes, you can, that's the main issue--we've had madmen and mad scientists and evil geniuses, vampires and werewolves and fire-breathing dragons, world-wreckers and world dominators and the darkest of dark fae in Caledon, and to a person, they've been polite. YOU are not polite. YOU are an irritant. So it doesn't matter if you're good, bad, or functionally impaired, it's your behavior in this case, not your morality.
[13:23] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr): Sounds like you have a history with this...person, Mm. [Sxxx].
[13:23] axxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: not personal Emilly
[13:23] Soaron Ronin (hoffMastersr Resident): lets put it this way. I come to this region close to 9 yrs now
"Let's".
[13:23] Soaron Ronin (hoffMastersr Resident): and like I say. I am good
[13:23] Soaron Ronin (hoffMastersr Resident): in bieng bad
"Being". And possibly even "[at] being bad".
[13:24] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr): Still don't care.
[13:24] axxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: but since this alt of his has not been blocked by LL yet, nor Caledon yet as others have, I am blocking him so I do not have to listen to his rudeness, crudeness and lies
That is a truly excellent idea.
[13:24] Soaron Ronin (hoffMastersr Resident): but a reputation is not bad
[13:24] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr): Oh, some in Caledon have.
[13:27] Soaron Ronin (hoffMastersr Resident): well if only one blocks Me.. I am slacking
[13:27] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr): And you're bad at math. "Some" is more than one.
[13:28] Soaron Ronin (hoffMastersr Resident): prolly due to heartclock failure and new settling
[13:29] Soaron Ronin (hoffMastersr Resident): but at babbage there are still heartclock fixers.. but they do cost a lot,.
Again, conversation trailed off, and I stopped reading, but as my personal affairs had tied up, I had the chance to meander to our manse in Caledon II. And tried to pull up parcel information, and...utterly failed. So, stymied, I decided to ask chat.
[13:36] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr): Here's a question for Caledon at large--if About Land won't come up, does that mean I need to restart, or that sim does?
[13:36] axxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: you reboot
[13:36] axxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: SL has been off the charts lately
[13:36] Soaron Ronin (hoffMastersr Resident): reboot is the better option yes
[13:39] Exxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: Yeah, try a relog first. Sometimes the sims get stuck in odd places, but a reboot can clear local issues
[13:39] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr) nods.
I logged out, logged back in, and was able to pull the land information up with no further issue. So Gearhaven's estate in Caledon II has also banned Mr. Ronin, now.
[13:45] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr): Ah, much better. Land issue solved. Thanks!
[13:46] axxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: yw
During this, there was an IM sent me by Ms. [Sxxx] who apparently has had experience with the troll in question prior:
[13:25] axxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: everyone figued he had not really died but were so relieved he was gone
[13:26] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr): So, I've never run across this moron before, but Lady [Axxxx] said that he's been at this 'ooh I'm a huge thief you'll never see me coming I'm so baaad' nonsense since six this morning.
[13:27] axxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: yeah he will be around for months or longer unless Des bans him for something, it is so not right for people in this group to have to hear his crap.
[13:27] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr) nods
[13:27] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr): Well, Des apparently rented to him again, he's in Kittywickshire
[13:27] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr): Gods help Kittywickshire
[13:29] axxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: yeah
[13:32] axxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: He will continue to dominate the conversation as long as anyone is talking with him or is talking in the chat
[13:33] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr): I keep trying to let it go. I managed about an hour. :)
[13:33] axxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: he is good at it
[13:33] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr): I should just mute him now, he's not going to say anything I'm interested in hearing.
[13:33] axxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: yes
[13:34] axxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: it is horrible for ISC as a whole and he is thrilled with that
I bet.

So, that is what I did. He's done nothing AR-worthy, true, by my standards. But he's banned on both parcels I have control over, and he is blocked and muted for me personally, so I never have to worry about feeding the troll again. Thoroughly objectionable troglodyte. I hope he departs our shores soon.

No comments:

I wanna live a vibrant life, but I wanna die a boring death

This is the..."Ham Tree"...at LORE . It's a group gift. Mesmer's love of meat where meat should not be is spreading... ...