30 October, 2020

buried in the basement floor, didn't know what I had planted

I won't lie, this year has been incredibly disappointing for haunts. I just want one last one I don't hate, so on a whim, I went to the Haunted House from Hell.

hhh1

It's starting off atmospherically enough, I guess.

hhh2

That's a great sign, walking in the front door. My hopes are sinking.

hhh3

Repetitive sound loops, check. Game rips for decorations, check. Come on, people...

hhh4

Yep, I'm done here.

Okay! Next up! Okay, how about Bizenghasp's Imaginarium? Their blurb says
Bizenghasp!, Imaginarium ...a macabre menagarie with a Burtonesque feel. You can buy a ticket to the freakshow, or get lost in the surreal cemetary. Photo friendly sim or just a cool place to hang out.halloween, monsters, zombies, Burtonesque, clowns
It's Adult rated, but that doesn't necessarily mean terrible.

imaginarium1

Okay, they're already off to a better start, if a more cluttered one.

imaginarium2

Keep in mind that this is less a haunt, per se, and more a collection of set pieces...but again, atmosphere is pretty good so far.

imaginarium3

Yeah. Come for the frantic search for something appropriate to the season, stay for the photo ops? Not the worst idea.

I'd give the Haunted House from Hell zero out of five skulls, but the Imaginarium I'll give a full five. It's a breath of fresh spectral air.

No comments:

I wanna live a vibrant life, but I wanna die a boring death

This is the..."Ham Tree"...at LORE . It's a group gift. Mesmer's love of meat where meat should not be is spreading... ...