09 June, 2012

and when we talk, I just watch your mouth

Next hunt update bit:

I have my first case of a garment not fitting without adjusting my base shape.

(from the scavenging album)

This is the "Strapless Bubble Dress MA", from Anymore, in size M. Note the clipping into my chest.

(from the scavenging album)

And this is the same dress in size L. Still clipping. (It's the only other larger size included.)

(from the scavenging album)

This is the dress from the back.

(from the scavenging album)

And this is it from the side. It's...not flattering. Also, the underwear you can't see on me aren't included in the package--it's just the alpha layer, and five sizes, XS to L.

Now, I should note, that for a chevron pattern, it's nearly seamless, which was unexpected. That's very good texture work. There is a seam running up the back of the dress, but--as with many mesh items--it looks like a seam line, not the texture not lining up. And the colors aren't bad--vintage '70s, sure, but still decent.

Pirate Arts made a mesh ballcap:

(from the scavenging album)

We shall not speak of this again.

(from the scavenging album)

There were four other items included with the cap. These are two of them: the mesh "Chica" ankle pants in red, and the "Chicana" screenprinted mesh top in red and white. These are profoundly not my style, but they're nice, and peppily retro, and look pretty good overall.

What you don't see in this shot is that in addition to being a crop top, it's dropped over one shoulder. The best picture I could find was over on the SL Freebie Hunters' blog (it's the outfit on the farthest right). Hope that helps.

(from the scavenging album)

And this is the "East LA" crop top, with the skinny bleached blue jeans. Again, not my style, but nicely done and a fair stab at a relaxed, casual look. (Though the jeans clock in awefully low, again.)

And yes, more to come.

No comments:

hide away, they say, 'cos we don't want your broken parts

Yeah, so...remember that thing I was recovering from? You know, last year ? Yeah. I did it again. So this is Em Faw Down Go Boom part ...