07 June, 2012

and hard to recognize by looking in your eyes

Next hunt update bit:
I admit, I'm stupidly in love with imagining this is how the end of the "shawarma scene" went.

I should probably start batchfiling up all the Mesh Around event posts...hold on, I'll nip off and do that.

Here's the first post, the second, the third, the fourth, the fifth. and the sixth. There you go. I'll work on organizing them better in future posts.

So where were we? The Valentine dress, right? Next one on the list is Echo, but there's another note I should make regarding them:

(from the scavenging album)

This is, by far, the cutest packaging concept I've seen for several years. It's a delivery box, it's a photo prop, it's subtly branded and wonderfully detailed without being hugely overprimmed--they really thought this through. Kudos.

(from the scavenging album)

Now then. Echo's gift is threefold--this picture shows two of them, the "Mezzo" mesh crop top, which I like even in the hot pink because of the detail involved and the drape of the mesh itself (and, as somewhat expected, I'm in size M); and the "Intonation" dress slacks in grey.

In all fairness, I don't like dress slacks RL, so these are meh for me (given my druthers, I'll wear a dress or a skirt set, frankly). But not because of how they're made--the detailing is good, and, while they're on the low-cut side, they're not unacceptably so.

(from the scavenging album)

The third gift in Echo's package is a floral clutch purse, and it comes in three variations--two with built-in poses, and one that's simply held in the hand. I like the idea that they're trying to cover all situations, and it's a lovely little clutch.

(from the scavenging album)

Bilo brings us a summer sleeveless dress...in pink. Okay, what is it with the Mesh Around creators and pink?!? Half this hunt has been some variant of pink so far, practically! Did I miss a memo or something?

At any rate, this is a pretty dress, prettily cut, nicely finished. Even if it is pink.

(from the scavenging album)

And this is the dress from the back. (And again, I'm fitting into the size M.)

I'm only going to cover part of the gift from Plastik in this entry; the rest is mostly eyes and will take careful camming (and finding a Windlight setting I'm happy with; why is this so tricky with Niran's?). But here goes:

(from the scavenging album)

...yeah, this is not my favorite. Understandably, it's one of two male gifts, and I get that it's not designed for me, but...yeah. I have no bust, no curves, no nothing in this, for all the texturing's nice. (I chose the size S for this one.)

(from the scavenging album)

And the racerback tank. I have a couple problems with the racerback tank. Mainly, that as long as I don't move, it's fine, but the minute I do--

(from the scavenging album)

--absolute tragedy. And yes, this came with an alpha layer. Totally failed to help. Also, this is the size L, because size S didn't fit, and mysteriously, there was no size M in the package I unpacked. Argh.

More coming! (It wasn't a short hunt.)

No comments:

I wanna live a vibrant life, but I wanna die a boring death

This is the..."Ham Tree"...at LORE . It's a group gift. Mesmer's love of meat where meat should not be is spreading... ...