11 June, 2012

she can't be that warm, with the wind in her arms

First postSecond post
Third postFourth post
Fifth postSixth post
Seventh postEighth post
Ninth postTenth post
Eleventh postTwelfth post
Thirteenth postFourteenth post
Fifteenth post


We're starting with Loordes of London's offering, a muted blue (I'd honestly say pale teal) chiffon top:

(from the scavenging album)

I threw this on over half of an old Pixeldolls dress, more because the colors matched than because I thought they went together. Still, this moves wonderfully, and with the top layer of the mesh being translucent, it really does work for that "chiffon" look they were going for.

(from the scavenging album)

Tragedy about the back straps. But here's the thing--this is why so many designers are making strapless gowns. Because, frankly, this happens--depending on your animation, the straps are either clipping inside your shoulders, or fine. There's no in-between.

For something that looks this good, though, I may be willing to forego absolute perfection. And this store went on my list of stores to watch for mesh items. (And I was wearing size L in these shots, because the M didn't fit.)

Next up: the "Love" dress from AlterEgo:

(from the scavenging album)

So this one moved like sport-weight spandex- or lycra-laced fabric, which, to be fair, considering the colors and design, it may well have intended to imitate. But it has that heavy, slightly rubbery feel when moving in it.

(from the scavenging album)

And sure, it's painfully bright, but that doesn't mean it sucks--in fact, the pattern seems to fit this particular dress pretty well, and there's a cute little pocket detail that just reinforces the twee.

(from the scavenging album)

No, the problem with this one's right here--you're going to have to make your own alpha layer for it, because the alpha layer given is no-mod. Because there's a pretty obvious gap between the skin of me, and the skin of the dress. So to speak.

Also, I was wearing size L, because size M didn't fit.

(from the scavenging album)

Next up: the Mesh Shop. And their offering is the Oracle watch. And the Oracle watch is HUGE.

(from the scavenging album)

I mean, seriously. I think even on a guy this would be ginormous. Though it does have resize scripts in it so it can be shrunk down, and there's also a delete function for when you've got it the size you want.

(from the scavenging album)

I flipped this last image so you could see the face itself. While it's not keeping time on my timezone, it is keeping time. I don't know if there's a way to change the time once rezzed out; maybe it auto-corrects itself later. I have no idea.

(And because this was a watch, I pulled the Morgana outfit from Adam & Eve to wear behind the watch. I still love that outfit.)

And more later!

No comments:

I've got a three day headache and it's all in my head

It's the 30th of March. One day before Ostara. And there's been a lot of...well. Conversations like the one below. [18:43] Emil...