05 June, 2012

some call it magic, the search for the Grail

So, I've completed the Mesh Around hunt, barring stop #57, Amour Fashions, which seems to be down in yesterday's "rolling restart"--but everything else is secured. What'd I get?

(from the scavenging album)

Well, before anything else, actually--why am I glowing? I've noticed this before on Niran's viewer, and I haven't seen this effect on any other V3 viewer, either. Something about the higher graphics settings being encoded into the viewer itself? I have no idea.

(from the scavenging album)

But first up: the "Dandy" miniskirt in Ecru from evolve. This is actually really cute, and...wait. Yeah. Everything looks weirdly washed out.

*fumbles with the settings* Yeah, that glow's beginning to bug me.

(from the scavenging album)

Switched to the "AnaLutetia" setting...better. Or would have been if I hadn't been logged out when the region I was in restarted. Argh.

But yay! My home came back, so we're now there, and on "Insilico 2" because...well...it upped the glow (still weird), but added in color and detail. ...Yay?

I will say, the one thing I really like about mesh clothing is that, good or bad, it moves with me. And even the odd pieces end up being interesting, because they move with me. I'm sure it's possible to make bad mesh attire, it's a big grid, but the fact that it reacts like cloth (or, well, draped flesh, if you want to be disturbing) is always going to be a point in its favor.

I seem to be a size three, based on the sizes included. Remember back when nearly everything was one size fits all? Yeah, with the advent of mesh we're going to be just as crippled as RL where sizes are concerned.

(from the scavenging album)

Speaking of which...I don't like that just putting this one on killed my hair. But push that aside--what about this makes it a "Greek beanie"? There's a better picture of what it seems to be on this blog (and damn, he has disturbingly pretty eyes for that avatar), wherein I'm taking "Greek" in this instance to mean "fraternity or sorority", so...I guess this is one style that's going to pass me by.

This next one's a tank/ruffled skirt combo from Geometry. First off, I love the skirt--if this wasn't a style created only for this hunt, I'd definitely be interested in picking it up in other colors. (I seem to be a size M for the skirt.) The tank, though...

(from the scavenging album)

...yeah. I'm not happy with how it hangs, though I also seem to be a size M in the tank, so...at least they're matching in sizing, I guess? (And again, it's a good item--the texturing is nice, and while there are visible seams on both the tank and the skirt, they look like where the cloth would naturally be sewn together, over the textures just failing to match up.)

Next, the two offerings from B & T Mesh Studio:

(from the scavenging album)

Yeah, I can't keep this. I know Mickey's very pervasive, but...yeah. The copyright issues involved, this is going in the trash once I post this entry.

How'ver, barring that, if we focus just on the hang of the garment itself, this is very much "I woke up at my boyfriend's house and didn't have anything to wear". It looks like an oversized sleepshirt on me, and--again, just as a garment itself, not including the trademarked Mickey face--it's a cute look. (Likely, on a male, that sentence would change to "I woke up this morning, and this was in the pile of clean laundry".)

And here's the female gift:

(from the scavenging album)

Now this, I like. The skirt's a little odd--it has that mid-torso mesh seam that isn't exactly flattering--but the style in general, I like, and I like the partial mesh, partial system layers blending on this one (pants, jacket and glove-layer long sleeves make up the top half, the mesh skirt with an alpha layer the bottom).

I'll keep moving through the hunt items; this strikes me as another rare "I want to cover the whole thing" hunt for me. More to come!

No comments:

I wanna live a vibrant life, but I wanna die a boring death

This is the..."Ham Tree"...at LORE . It's a group gift. Mesmer's love of meat where meat should not be is spreading... ...