08 June, 2012

I've always been the one to blame

Next hunt update bit:
So now we're back to the Plastik, and all the eyes they included.

(from the scavenging album)

These are the Vaele mesh eyes, in "Lovestory".

(from the scavenging album)

These are the Vaele mesh eyes, in "Mesmerize".

(from the scavenging album)

These are the Vaele mesh eyes, in "MesmerizeHot". What's the main problem with all of them? The clipping.

Understand, these are mesh eyes. Mesh eyes are not exactly like prim eyes. How prim eyes worked (for those who don't know) is close, but not exact. For prim eyes, you'd create a prim, shape it the way you wanted (most makers do half-spheres, or full spheres), then texture it with the system-layer eye texture. From there, you could add glow, you could add shine, you could make it full bright--whatever you felt would best help the eye stand out.

(from the scavenging album)

Mesh eyes don't function the same way. Note the areas of clipping to the base eye in the detail shot. This is only problematic when I move, as with the racerback tank from Plastik shown in the last entry, but...I'm used to moving, not standing still. This may or may not be unavoidable, I'm not yet sure.

(from the scavenging album)

The other problem is that, to stay on the eyes, I'm fairly sure they're rigged to the body joints. I'm used to being able to edit prim eyes; when I tried to reposition these eyes, my entire viewer froze and I had to restart. This is a problem.

(from the random album)

Also, it's likely just my morbid sense of humor, but when coming back from the crash, I got too close to my face and noticed my brain is now branded. Well, at least I like the work of Alice Project. Imagine the horror if it said "Gap" or "Old Navy" or something.

More to come!

No comments:

I wanna live a vibrant life, but I wanna die a boring death

This is the..."Ham Tree"...at LORE . It's a group gift. Mesmer's love of meat where meat should not be is spreading... ...