08 June, 2012

even doves have pride

Next hunt update bit:
And more from the Mesh Around hunt!

Why yes, more eyes.

(from the scavenging album)

These are the "Samalie" mesh eyes from the Plastik. (Note clipping.)

(from the scavenging album)

These are the "Scrawny" mesh eyes. Why are they called "Scrawny"? Got me. (And note the clipping.)

(from the scavenging album)

These are the "Wynter" mesh eyes. (And note the clipping, most notably in my right eye.)

(from the scavenging album)

These are the "Time-Blue" mesh eyes. (Limited clipping in this pose, but there.)

(from the scavenging album)

These are the "Time-Evil" mesh eyes, which seem to be a darker, aged version of the "Time-Blues". (Also limited clipping.)

from the scavenging album)

And these are the "Time-Intense" mesh eyes, which I think would work well as cyber-eyes/robotic eyes, as well.

All in all, these two entries on mesh eyes have convinced me of two things.

  1. That mesh eyes--and mesh products, in general--are still in their infancy. I'm hoping improvements will come, but right now, I really do think the Lindens rushed mesh--and yes, yes, I know, they spent a year researching mesh on the beta grid. It still may have been too soon to push it onto the main grid as a whole.
  2. And even with that codicil, I think mesh eyes are capable of insane levels of color, clarity and detail, that many prim eyes can't even match. The down side? That clipping. Which isn't going to get better until it gets better...whenever that's going to be.

More to come!

No comments:

I wanna live a vibrant life, but I wanna die a boring death

This is the..."Ham Tree"...at LORE . It's a group gift. Mesmer's love of meat where meat should not be is spreading... ...