09 June, 2012

maybe I'm just too demanding

Next hunt update bit:

I blame the next two pictures on Miss Neome, who came in and freaked out about all the glow, and asked if it was any better on default settings. So I showed her.

Yeah, I'm mucking with the Windlight again when these two are linked and posted.

(from the scavenging album)

I should say in preface that I really, really love Illusions--the creator, her products, and even the look of the store. I have many of her masks, I want to start seriously investing in her horns (pretty much making her and Rue my go-to horn mavens), and I rejoined the store group while I was there because I remembered how much I liked the things she makes.

That being said...this is a really big hat.

(from the scavenging album)

It pretty much makes me look like a cartoon character, for all that I love the back bow detail.

I'm planning on keeping it, and when my system feels more stable, seeing if it can be resized. Because it is of the pretty. It's just way large.

(from the scavenging album)

This is the "Daisy" mesh hair from ploom. Out of the box for me, it was this pale blonde color that wasn't bad on its own, but I noticed a color HUD.

(from the scavenging album)

Things you should know about this particular hairstyle, or ploom's mesh hair in general, maybe: it takes a while to rez in. And it takes a bit to recolor. But the HUD's really easy to use--upper strips are the colors, lower squares are the hair-tie bits. (The daisies stay the same, white and pollen-yellow.)

(from the scavenging album)

Still, there's a lot of color variety, and if you can't find something between eight shades of hair and ten shades of tie color, you're obviously way too picky.

(from the scavenging album)

Cheeky Pea turned in a gorgeous little bench with twining ivy and cast shadows, and five lovely poses, each on their own section of the bench. Very very cute.

(from the scavenging album)

Baffle made a very detailed wooden escritoire. It's well-shaded and has very precise aging; also, the candle (the only non-linked item) is touch on and off.

And I forgot entirely about 22769 until now, because their gift was labeled out of sequence with the rest of the hunt.

(from the scavenging


So...I'm still trying to figure this outfit out. I mean, I'm glad it's not pink, though it does continue the apparently proud mesh tradition of nothing having straps...But...hmm. This is difficult for me, I really like the store, but this...looks like a bath towel.

(from the scavenging album)

And...here's the back. *sighs*

Man. I really don't want to get banned from another store for saying something orange wasn't any good. The texturing is nice, and I've seen orange outfits on other people that look really, really good.

(from the scavenging album)

Look. Detail shot. That's effective shading, and a nice brocade overall pattern there. That's not bad.

The problem for me is, the mesh in this instance looks heavy. It doesn't look like a floaty little summer dress. It looks like upholstery fabric. Or...well...terrycloth.

Maybe that's a fault of the template used. I don't know. I shall thus move on to something entirely different!

(from the scavenging album)

A kitchen!

...Yeah, I'm not sure I put this one together right, but Cleo Designs made an entire corner kitchen. The counters are largely unlinked, but everything else comes out as a piece for positioning...well. Anywhere you'd need a mesh corner kitchen, I suppose.

And yes, more to come. (Long hunt. Long, long hunt.)

No comments:

I wanna live a vibrant life, but I wanna die a boring death

This is the..."Ham Tree"...at LORE . It's a group gift. Mesmer's love of meat where meat should not be is spreading... ...