09 June, 2012

storms are brewing in your eyes

Next hunt update bit:
...wait. I got confused somewhere. Damn it. Okay, making a note to fix this later....somehow.
Starting out today with a Windlight setting a friend sent, called "Nam's Optimal Skin and Prim". It's bright enough for photographs, without feeling like I'm drowning in glow. (The other one she sent would be good for walking about, but really not for photographs--that would be this:

(from the scavenging album

(which is known as "Night - Brighter". See what I mean? Very restful on the eyes while preserving details, but not what I want for hunt shots.)

Also, did I mention how much I loathe low-cut pants?

(from the scavenging album

These are the mesh overdyed jeans (I'm again in size M) from BUID, and...yeah. The texturing is really well done, and they move well, and I even like the color, but...damn. Way too low.

(from the scavenging album

If that's your thing, though, pick up this gift. Because the texturing is on the phenomenal side.

This next one's irritating on two counts.

(from the scavenging album

Miamai's gift was two pairs of "Catwalk" mesh lashes, in "Orange Explosion" (shown) and "Pink Explosion" (not shown). I realize this is a me thing, but first, considering all of my neko shapes have tilted eyes, the lashes just don't fit. And while they're not rigged (which is why I was able to position them at all), they kill my whiskers without remapping.

And I have zero interest in remapping if they're not going to fit in the first place. Still, if you have a more 'normal' (feh) eye shape, these may well suit you.

I went downstairs for this next one; I thought they'd look nicer against an actual wall, not the metallic glowing studio box I'm in now. So, from Weather? or Not! comes a small expansion to their mesh cloud furnishings line (yeah, at this point, they have a line...it's cool): namely, mesh cloud picture frames.

(from the scavenging album

Why are they red out of the box? No clue. But setting them is exceedingly simple (open in edit, drag pictures in to the Content tab, close edit, then touch the frames to set cycle length, whether in order or random, and on/off settings).

(from the scavenging album

Also, touching the frames again, going into the Texture field, and setting the red seen there back to default white solves the o'er-reddening problem.

About the only thing you can't do with them is resize them; still, as they are, they make a pretty wall grouping, or could be rotated slightly to be a bedside frame.

From Alexohol comes summer stripes in two variations.

(from the scavenging album

First, the striped mens' board shorts. They're doable, though I'm still not their target market (obviously).

(from the scavenging album

Next up: the striped summer dress to match the shorts. It's nice. Colors aren't me, but it's pretty nonetheless, and well textured. There's no evidence of side seaming, though there is an odd division between the bodice and the skirt--I think that's a template thing, and not something iffy on the texturing.

(from the scavenging album

And this is it from the back. There's a little mesh crumpling along the dip in the back, but beyond that, it's very well done.

More to come! (Did you doubt?)

No comments:

I wanna live a vibrant life, but I wanna die a boring death

This is the..."Ham Tree"...at LORE . It's a group gift. Mesmer's love of meat where meat should not be is spreading... ...