22 August, 2019

I'm on a train to Brooklyn, I'm on the IRT

And onward we stagger, through the towering pile of Hair Fair demos.



The next few are from [KoKoLoReS], starting with the "Brook" style, shown in color nine on the huge multi-color HUD that came in the box. Short, spunky, razor-cut--it looks suitably naturally tousled.



This is "Finn", another short razor-cut style, shown in color 65 from the HUD.



This is the acceptably rounded "Jen", shown in...drat, I have to count again...color 82 from the HUD.



And finally, "Reid", shown in color 101, which really needs the enclosed hairbase--oh, excuse me, the "simple stubble layer"--but came out of the box in white. I'm doing far too many of these to stop and custom-tint a hairbase for the style, so I'm showing it in the base white. At the very least it tells you where the hairbase (given as a general Omega applier, and as the system layer white in the demo box) will fall.

You can find [KoKoLoReS] on the Blonde sim.

I can't show the two styles from [THRONED], as they're entirely based in Omega appliers for mesh heads. Which, yes, I knooooow, I still don't have. But you can find them on the Blonde sim.



Next up, Ade, with "Hailee", shown in color 9 from the Colored Highlights HUD.

No hairbase was included, so I went through a few alphas before I settled on one from TRUTH Hair. But even though that solved the scalp patches showing through in the back, it didn't touch the main problem.



See the bit of hatching, where the hair is not above the scalp layer, nor blending with it? A hairbase might help here, but I don't have one in this shade.



Same thing here, with the "Lisa" style, which I'm showing in color 8 from the Ombres HUD. Doesn't fit, no hairbases or alphas included in the box to help.



"Rexha" is exceptionally bad for this. This particular hair is unrigged, but cannot be resized, so my choice is, I can have it look perfect from the left, or from the right, but not both. Great, just great.

I'm showing it in color 6 from the Browns HUD.



Finally, we have "Skylie", which is shown in color 1 from the Reds HUD. And...I can't, I just can't. Again, offering a hairbase might fix this, and make it wearable. As it is--a rigged mesh hair that comes with no hairbase layers or appliers, and no alpha layers--it's pretty useless.

You can find Ade on the Noirette sim.

All pictures taken at the Free Photo Studios in Sora.

No comments:

I wanna live a vibrant life, but I wanna die a boring death

This is the..."Ham Tree"...at LORE . It's a group gift. Mesmer's love of meat where meat should not be is spreading... ...