20 September, 2019

freaky, freaky, feeling so spooky, when it’s me and you

Having had a string of dissapointing haunts of late, I figured I'd go for a no-brainer. For a breather, you understand. We're visiting the "Halloween Delights" store.



It is a store, yes. It is an outdoor store, so it looks like a yard sale. Moreover, it is a store in SL, so  there will be rips. I am trying to ignore them in favor of what looks original, how'ver.



Like this, for instance. It's charming. It would work on family-friendly sims, in front of stores that want a little harvest decor, and in haunts.



I'm not used to animesh yet, but this little guy moves. I also can't tell if he's original? Closest thing to a 'possibly' are the scrunched corpses from Phantasm, but even that's not a dead-on, just a supposition. It's called a Dancing Goblin, so that may be a wholly original concept.



The obligatory gathering of zombies. My main question: why are there twins? And why are they both bald?



This makes me think first of dried orange slices used in those chunky potpourri mixes? But I do like the skull finial atop it. Not as crazy about the pierced and rotting corpses, though, to be fair. Now with added display of tentacles in front!



Another cool animesh trick--this "Skeleton Erotic Dancer" for L$199, for instance.

It moves fairly fluidly, even on my system, but there are two places where it does noticeably lag. Animesh will do that, and this place seems to have a lot of animesh going on.



Yeah. I could spend a scary amount here. And I didn't show a tenth of what they have. (Case in point: I bought this web-shrouded deer head.)

If you decide to go (shopping or wandering), and you like listening to music in SL, do turn on the soundtrack for the land. It's all Halloween music, some sound effects tracks, some movie themes, most just music of the season, everything from classics to hellbilly to modern tunes. It was wonderful walking around and listening.

So this turned into quite the palate cleanser, yes.

No comments:

I've got a three day headache and it's all in my head

It's the 30th of March. One day before Ostara. And there's been a lot of...well. Conversations like the one below. [18:43] Emil...