05 September, 2019

and every time the more I've lost, the less I've gained

Ergh, this sounds potentially dire:
Visiting is one thing, leaving is quite another.


tags deathtrap, peril, quicksand, traps, rlv, swamp, heroine, damsel, distress, roleplay
So that's the blurb from the Haunted Swamp at World's End. Dramatic name. But why not, I don't specifically remember covering it before...



Well, it's on Adult land, that explains the RLV connection. And dear gods, turn down the glow. And they're not wrong about the traps--I walked into an RLV quicksand trap trying to line up this shot. (No harm, no foul, I do not agree 99% of the time to being trapped. I have that option.)



I won't lie, the campfire is intriguing. It's a pre-mesh construct from TLD, selling for only L$75. These days, I'd prefer mesh--and more pose options--but oddly, the unrealistic fire is kind of charming.

The whole place is on one flat plain, and kind of looks like a badly organized yard sale, between the randomly placed traps and the gaming tables, but just to the left of the campfire is a small port pad that takes people to "THE HOUSE".



And this is..."THE HOUSE". Vastly less impressed than I already wasn't. This is...beyond basic.



Several varieties of kill-me-quick scattered across a nearly empty room. There's not even basic texturing. My gods, no one needs a college degree to texture, you don't even need to buy anything, just use the Library wood textures from Inventory if there's nothing else. No one's asking you to rewire a shuttlecraft, just slap texture A on prim B. It's won't kill you.



Oh, come on, people. I'm done here.



Don't go unless your level of ennui is crushing, because you'll only be adding to it here.

No comments:

I've got a three day headache and it's all in my head

It's the 30th of March. One day before Ostara. And there's been a lot of...well. Conversations like the one below. [18:43] Emil...