22 September, 2019

everyone wants something from your soul on the molly

The blurb for the Fenway Asylum and Chapel reads:
Welcome to the Original Fenway Asylum which closed it's doors on Saturday August 16, 1919 due to gross neglegence of patients by Asylum Medical Staff. It is said that the spirits of Fenway still roam the halls looking for assistance. Come for a visit and read the Tragic Story Of Fenway...... chapel, asylum, spooky, scary, halloween, medical, sad, death, ghost, spirits, caretaker, spider, web, fun, building, church, hospital, blood, rats, roaches, dark, story, grave, buried, visit, open, roleplay, nurse, doctor, operations, illness, sick, graves,
...and there it trails off.



Deeply unimpressed. It's not even a well-textured box. I'm just baffled. And so unimpressed I didn't even bother to frame these shots.



This is the entire parcel, apparently, just this oversized eyesore of a terribly-textured box, with an innumerable number of dance pads for some reason, plunked down in the middle of people who at least attempted landscaping. Done here. So done here.

About an hour after I'd gone back to Twisted hunting, the fellow that owns the sim dropped a notecard on me thanking me for visiting, and telling me to invite my friends for future concerts. No, but I did send a notecard back telling him that I hadn't gone there for music, I'd gone there for the asylum. He said it had closed, and then said he'd forgotten to take down the ad.

Forgotten. To take down an ad that charges a weekly recurring amount of Lindens. Let's assume extraordinarily low investment in this, and propose he's paying L$50 a week to host an ad for a haunt that no longer exists. That's only L$50, sure, fine, but that's L$200 a month, that's L$2400 a year. I don't know about anyone else, but I have never operated with so many Lindens that I just fail to notice entirely losing over two grand in Lindens. So baffling.

And keep in mind that's making the assumption that that's all he's spending on that weekly ad. I know designers who routinely drop L$2000 per week for their businesses. I know some clubs (granted, none of them lasted, they all ended up closing) where their weekly ad fee was L$10,000. So...I don't get it. Maybe I'm just not in the income bracket for me to barely notice thousands of Lindens withdrawn for something I'm no longer promoting.

No comments:

I wanna live a vibrant life, but I wanna die a boring death

This is the..."Ham Tree"...at LORE . It's a group gift. Mesmer's love of meat where meat should not be is spreading... ...