15 September, 2019

and every now and then the silence is broken well

Cue today's brief bit of head-shaking:
[12:57] exxxxx Rxxxxxxx: Is there any guy that wants to come to a populated store with me so you can stand by me and click my spanker to make other people jealous?
[12:57] axxxxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: lmao
[12:58] Ixx Axxxxxxxxx nodslots.
[12:58] cxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: and that was today's installment of "The hell did i just login to"
[13:01] Axxxxxx Rxxxx: Some of us may not agree, but I'm sure she got the messages she was fishing for!
[13:03] Mxxxxxxxx Bxxxxx: LOL too funny
[13:03] Jxxxxx Nxxxxx: lmao
[13:03] Sxxxxxx Txxx: it could just backfire too
[13:04] Axxxxxx Rxxxx offers everyone popcorn. Le'ts see how it turned out?
[13:04] yxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: i get much more annoyed by those public spankers rather than jealous. ( °ᵕ° )
For me, the real point is the lack of trust--if anyone is inviting random strangers to come spank them to make their partner jealous? They have deeper issues with the lack of trust in their partner, and their fear of being left alone, which is leading to this acting out and asking people to help make them look "more attractive" or "more desired" than their partner expects.

The first page of her SL profile? One of the SL bio lines reads "✔ Alive ✔ Blessed ✔ Loved ✔". Means that's either what she used to feel she was, or it's her own insecurity trying to reinforce that she made the right choices in her life.

Of course, another line of her bio states "APPROACH WITH CAUTION", so...maybe that's part of it as well.

How about the Familiars' Crossing? It doesn't sound like a haunt, precisely, but...here's the description:
A dark, enchanted forest perfect for exploring with your family and friends.

witches, fairies, romance, mermaid, spooky, photogenic, elves, wizards, pixies, magic, cuddles, beach, romance, slowdance, cave, coral reef, gothic, vampire, fairytale
...it may not sound like a haunt, but it certainly sounds like something.



The first thing I saw after porting in was by taking a few steps forward, to the low cliff's edge, and watching the bioluminescent waves roll in onto the pale shore. It's mesmerizing, truly beautiful. In all honesty, I spent several minutes just watching the waves.



Inland, I found a ring of standing stones, and would have explored further, but someone was there, and looked busy with their own doings. I moved on.



Wandering into the forest, I passed a unicorn, several will-o-wisps, and this sentient tree--who was patiently watching the path, and not my own wanderings down it.



My first assumption was "StarGate", but it's not that--it's more a doorway, as it turns out, than a teleportation device. You don't click and transport; you simply walk through.



And this is on the other side: a glimmering, shifting path of clouds and starlight, leading to a small theatre area. At least, I'm assuming that's what it was--there were scattered rustic benches before the open storybook set, and poses found within for picture-taking.



I could not resist the chance to test out the poses. I took several images before a couple crossed the shining path, and, assuming they wished to use the poses in the storybook, I moved on.

Sadly, that was the last picture I'm showing here--I took more, but it seemed past that point, everywhere I went, that couple followed. The first time could have been coincidence, but the fifth? I ended up leaving the sim.

Still, it's beautiful, otherworldly, wander, and worth going to at least once. Maybe other people will pick a time less conducive to stalking.

No comments:

hide away, they say, 'cos we don't want your broken parts

Yeah, so...remember that thing I was recovering from? You know, last year ? Yeah. I did it again. So this is Em Faw Down Go Boom part ...