02 September, 2019

walk away and head for the door

It's taken several months, but I finally have three fairly decent neko options for my current body (and system head, though I'm still testing out mesh heads that may work). First, I pulled every skin demo that Catseye had, and very little suited until I found the Snow Leopardess. Then I kept looking until I found the Shadow Cheetah (couldn't find that one on MP currently, might have tracked it down and bought it in her actual store). And finally, the Young Lioness from ND/MD, and I wish I could tell you the price on that last one, but I got it on discount at a fair last year. I don't even remember the fair--possibly FF? But who knows?

So I don't expect a sudden flurry of cat me most of the time, but now I have options if I don't want to climb into the Kemono. I feel better.

Also, a dear friend sent me the very best takedown of The Last Jedi, purely from a militaristic standpoint. He's correct on every point--logically, practically, militarily, he's right on everything. There are a lot of flaws in the film, firstly because George Lucas is a terrible writer (fight me, he is), but also because Rian Johnson, the director, did not have a lot of experience with military structure. Even Rebellion military structure, which would still exist. (And he's absolutely on the nose about Holdo's ridiculous outfit, which stands out painfully in every scene she's in.)



In the meantime, went over to Haenim to check out the progress of their haunt. I don't know if the official one will expand on the set piece I rezzed within, but this piece is a good start.



It's a set piece from Two Moon Gardens, and along with the weather module they've put in place, it creates a very melancholy scene indeed.



There are only two things out of place, as I see it, and to be fair, I think it's just a case of not thinking things through. First: for the love of all things, hide the bright blue weather controller. They have an empty crypt, tuck it there. Even better, BEHIND the crypt, no one's going to look there. Get it out of sight either way, though.



And second, that 'tepee' structure. It's essentially a play tent, which 1) would never be out with lights in the rain, get real, and 2) doesn't match ANYTHING else in the set piece. Which is sort of the point with a haunt, isn't it?



I mean, look at this thing. It's not even rigged right--you can't sit in the 'tepee' structure, out of the rain; oh no, you sit on a stump near the fire. Which the rain is going to put out soon. Impossible.

I'll check back later on, see if it gets better, but...I have no great hopes here.

No comments:

I wanna live a vibrant life, but I wanna die a boring death

This is the..."Ham Tree"...at LORE . It's a group gift. Mesmer's love of meat where meat should not be is spreading... ...