22 September, 2019

jeepers creepers, shiver me, tingles, what’s a girl to do?

It takes all kinds. Standing in the middle of the last Adult haunt I was at, was an apparent Cistercian nun, full habit, wimple and veil included. I pulled her profile and her entire SL bio consists of two Bible quotes:
Matthew 5:28
But I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lustful intent has already committed adultery with her in his heart.
and
Romans 13:13
Let us walk properly as in the daytime, not in orgies and drunkenness, not in sexual immorality and sensuality, not in quarreling and jealousy.
Her groups are kind of all over: six hardcore religious groups, most of them having "NO SEX" in their group descriptions, then three very much sex groups, including a "teen" sex ring and Whore Street.

My brain has no place for this.

Pursuant to the Tumblr post, I did go ahead and download my files in a backup .zip. It took eighteen hours to batch up. Eighteen. Hours. And four additional hours to download. It's a stunning eleven gB of data.

So, soon as I figure out how the download format works, and sort through things, I'll be killing my Tumblr account. And then I'll be done with it.

In the meantime...let's discuss TRICK OR [F**KING] TREAT (censorship mine). Uh-huh. Their description states:
Halloween, Haunted house, creeypasta stories, graveyard, great to explore or take fall themed photos. Trick or treat. scary. pumpkin patch , hay, corn maze,

" RegionOverride*/ /*Sky: "[TOR] FOGGY - Silent heck" RegionOverride*/
Riiiight. The creepypasta mention threw me, until I actually got to the sim and realized the soundtrack to this was someone reading creepypasta stories. Okay, that works.

But keep that Windlight setting in mind, because that's important to this. That setting, and insane amounts of lag. Let me explain.



This is the first picture I took. And I took this picture after ten whole minutes of standing in the weeds. That is the best rez, best visibility, I could manage. Take that in.

I crashed twice from the land, let a couple of days pass, and went back today. Where I just sat in front of a harp and then watched Horror Noir on Shudder. At the forty-nine minute point, I crashed again. This haunt is impossible.



I ported to the Delphinus sim, and walked to the corner edge, and tried to cam in and grab the haunt that way. No joy.



I gave up, ported in, then walked back until I was on another section of Mercury, and cammed in. I set the sky to (SS) Atmospheric 00:00cloudy, and I let it sit. I wandered off to get more iced tea. I watched a bit more of Horror Noir. And then, finally, I started taking pictures of the haunt.

I do love this corner set-up. The twig stars and Blair Witch sticks from Death Row Designs, the blanket-draped chair from dust bunny, all of it conspires to create a scene that's both comforting and unnerving.



The large living room, complete with piano, harp, and idly dancing skeleton.



A skeleton climbs the stairs towards empty frames, empty cages, and stillness.



And this is proof that haunts don't have to be vintage to be disturbing. The Cammino e Vivo Capovolto statues, the mysterious Illuminati print from Dahlia, one of NOMAD's still-impressive mannequins...very well done, very evocative of a certain mood, and, under normal circumstances, I would highly recommend going.

But unless you have a higher-end computer, lag will eat you alive, and that may be the scariest thing of all.

No comments:

I wanna live a vibrant life, but I wanna die a boring death

This is the..."Ham Tree"...at LORE . It's a group gift. Mesmer's love of meat where meat should not be is spreading... ...