17 September, 2019

flooding cares to keep hope clear, drowning all to keep what's dear

As long as we're doing old home week, how about Pickled Spooky? I don't think their blurb has changed at all:
Haunted Doom of Captain Pickles in the DreamWalker Cave of PickleSong
Haunted house, ghost, horror, evil, vampire, dead, monster, zombie, scream
Okay. Let's go.

width="500">

There have been some changes. I don't remember the wall of blood. And I definitely don't remember the animated crying baby-head balloon. That is just surreal and disturbing.

width="500">

Why is the artist's name reversed? But more to the point, I nearly missed this one. It was taking a bit for things to rez for me inside, so I just picked a place near the living room to stand and be patient. I turned around and was impressed by the nearly floor-to-ceiling painting, but I puzzled at the three hand axes sticking out of it.

After things had rezzed in, I backed up to get a better perspective for a potential picture, and only then saw the three axes fly across the space where I'd been to embed in the painting. ...Oh. Oops. Sorry I missed the trap at first.

width="500">

Well, that's just terrifying. Don't look up.

width="500">

...Derivative. I mean, I guess I shouldn't complain overmuch, if it's not hacking up corpses--or corpses-to-be--it's food that's very far gone, or made from truly repulsive ingredients. I get the trope, and we've seen it everywhere from the original Addams Family cartoons in the New York Post to Resident Evil 7. It.s just...I get tired of the kitchen being where they keep the serial killer chefs and the obviously insane victims. Can we do something more original with kitchens, please?.

width="500">

[22:18] Study door: Emilly Orr is disturbing the spirits.

Apparently I am.

I will say, at least for me, this was the highlight. Things to know: touching the circle will give you an option to sit; it will also light or extinguish the candles. Of more pertinent note: the dress I'm wearing does not have a radiant cross on the front. That's something to do with the lighting in the room, and it is subtle and effective. It's also a very long animation wherein one 'disturbs' the spirits.

width="500">

[22:27] Emilly Orr: Have you been bound to this place?
[22:27] Medusa says~ Aye, it just may be


I couldn't figure out, in the few minutes of asking the swirling Medusa half-globe on the wall questions, whether it was an Alice-based AI program or simply scripted with a smattering of vague answers to potential questions. Either way, it's a nifty piece of interactive art.



And the Captain is still hanging.

I really like the updates, and the calls back to the first story behind the house. Very well done and highly recommended. Glad I went back. I would highly recommend a trip for enthusiasts, because there are lots of rooms I didn't cover. As with Pendle Hill, I could fill two more entries with all the little details in this small cove house. It's really good.

No comments:

I've got a three day headache and it's all in my head

It's the 30th of March. One day before Ostara. And there's been a lot of...well. Conversations like the one below. [18:43] Emil...