15 October, 2019

the sky's changing color and I must leave fast

On the Strange and Mysterious list, I found the Pyri Funfair and thought it sounded interesting enough to check out. For all that it doesn't seem to have a description.

pyri1

There is definitely something...odd...here.

pyri2

Maybe it's just how empty it seems.

pyri3

Or the fact that some of the attractions are boarded up.

pyri4

A ticket was needed to ride the Tunnel of Love, one of only two working attractions, so I got one from the booth and sat in the car. Rolled down the track towards the red curtain, and...fell through the floor into a deep, cavernous space.

pyri5

Huh. So that was strange. So...what's down here?

pyri6

Mostly boxes, as it turns out. Barrels. Some rickety bridges. I tried to figure out the rhyme and reason behind the place.

Then I walked into a side passage with a number of green, glowing mushrooms, and...
23:24] Poison Mushrooms: The posion mushrooms are realsing their spores! You start to feel very weak! AAAAAAAAAAHHH! You have died!
"Releasing", but...well. Okay, then. Guess that's that.

I think if you're interested in a fun conceit to get TO a place to explore, knock yourselves out. It's not really a haunt, but the caverns notecard says to click on everything clickable, because some will offer prizes (randomly; most are common, simple items, some are more rare), and to be wary of traps, because some will kill you. I didn't get very far, due to mushroom interference, but it could be a fun way to spend a couple of hours.

No comments:

hide away, they say, 'cos we don't want your broken parts

Yeah, so...remember that thing I was recovering from? You know, last year ? Yeah. I did it again. So this is Em Faw Down Go Boom part ...