25 October, 2019

the machine guns are roaring, the puppets heave rocks (part two)

(Continued from part one.)

carnivorous7

I did intend to take more pictures of the inside of the Clown House. For one, it's not a glass maze anymore. It's a set of mining tunnels, and I was so busy dodging the ones that were positioned to jump out at me that this was the only picture I got. But at the end of this tunnel, there's a ladder up. And when we take the ladder up...

The ladder literally throws the avatar into the air, and when that's done, there's a second, mini-carnival, comprised of a broken carousel, a few chain rides, some midway games, and wandering clowns. This is the entrance to the first ride.

carnivorous8

carnivorous9

It starts off like any other chain ride--touch a prim to rez a car, get in car, wait until car starts to move, and watch what happens when the car drives by the set pieces. Admittedly, it's what I like best about chain rides, virtual or real.

carnivorous10

They've used a fifty-fifty mix of prim/mesh clowns and simple photo cutouts, but weirdly, most of the cutouts work, because you're glimpsing them through cutout windows into the center of the tent, and they're generally angled towards or away from the point of view. And...that actually works, I was impressed.

carnivorous11

I had to capture this. It's a mesh monkey, but it's animated, from the pre-animesh era? So it rotates through sections of the body being visible and invisible. And this particular snap captured all positions of the cymbals. Great glitch moment, I was amused.

carnivorous12

And this is the view of the carousel, some of the rest of the layout of Clownland, and make note of the large, blue and black building on the right. We're going there next, and I kid you not, it is the single most impressive retro chain ride I have ever been in on Second Life. And I do not say that lightly.

No comments:

I wanna live a vibrant life, but I wanna die a boring death

This is the..."Ham Tree"...at LORE . It's a group gift. Mesmer's love of meat where meat should not be is spreading... ...