19 October, 2019

you got your finger on the trigger, but your trigger finger's mine

The blurb for Sono's Spooky Spot read:
Roumors in the town spread of an old abandoned house deep in the forest outside your small town. on a dare you are sent to walk the maze like home. Are you brave enough to endure what lies inside!? Find out in this fun haunted house attraction!
Hmm. Okay. I'll take that dare.

sonos1

Simple enough rules. (Inside, another sign reinforces these rules, and also strongly suggests mouselook. Mouselook can be useful for direct ride experience, but it's lousy for picture-taking.)

sonos2

Getting down to the house was tricky. I had to jump over the railing on the far side to get onto the path I thought led to the house. Then I apparently went around the wrong side trying to find the entrance, and saw this. Oh, so this is how it's going to be? Game rip central, again??

sonos4

I ran into invisible walls on both sides of the house, with no way to get to the door, so finally, in frustration, I cammed through the entrance and found a chair to sit on. Needlessly irritating.

First room, not sure why I bothered. Yet another rip, though I did like the hanged man silhouette. Oh, and this:
[15:33] Onyx Plaza @ Get Right City shouts: Onyx Ent now features 5 radio stations for your enjoyment, stop by our office in the business area for more info!
A few minutes later, this was shouted:
[15:37] Onyx Plaza @ Get Right City shouts: Onyx Ent Management thanks you for coming to party, shop and hang out with us!
Great. They must be next to a club.

sonos3

One floor up, past a chainsaw-wielding pigman that triggered late, and this:
[15:40] Onyx Plaza Welcome Center: Hello Emilly Orr, welcome to Onyx Plaza!! Please grab the NC and if you want to join our group follow this link: [group link given]
Dude, I'm not even on your parcel, shut the hell up.

Around another corner, and...he doesn't so much look scary, as...bored.

sonos5

[15:41] Onyx Plaza @ Get Right City shouts: Would you like to have an event here? Contact XkwizitLeigh Teardrop
Yeah, yeah yeah, I get it already, stop. I do not want to book an event there. I do not want to contact anyone. I want to go through a haunt in peace.

Also, tiny Bluebird zombies. Just randomly in a hall. Why?

sonos6

Really? That's it?

Yeah, okay, fine, whatever. I'm sure there's more to the house, but between the club next door screaming at me and the various "monsters" in my path that either failed to trigger or didn't do anything but stand there, maybe I just wasn't in the right headspace. But I stopped there. There didn't seem to be much point in continuing.

No comments:

I wanna live a vibrant life, but I wanna die a boring death

This is the..."Ham Tree"...at LORE . It's a group gift. Mesmer's love of meat where meat should not be is spreading... ...