17 October, 2019

The 12th Anniversary Sakura Masquerade Ball!

I know. That's a lengthy title. But seriously, it's coming up:

Come to Sakura on the 24th of October!


So, it's another Thursday party, which means I likely won't be in world for the evening portion. It's also another two-stage party, which means I likely won't be in world for the evening portion. But I'm going to try to attend the morning ("morning", flexible in this case, being the 1-3 pm SLT one) dance.

Costumes are highly encouraged, but if you don't have one--or don't want to wear one--formal wear is acceptable. It's a masked ball--that means all the Blossoms will be masked, but guests can choose with or without. (We'd prefer with, but again, we'd rather have you there than be nitpicky about details.)

I admit to a slight conundrum--the traditional Blossom mask color is red, but as my costume's mostly blue...but I'll work it out. I'm sure I'll find something.

Music will be provided by the amazing DJ EllieMae McGinnis; if you've heard her, you know. She'll be playing a mix of big band and swing hits with some scattered Halloween festive songs sprinkled in.

Now, the one thing we are not sure of: we'd planned to host this by the reflecting pool in the back garden. As far as I know that is still the plan. But our Duchess has sent out some queries for themes, which tells us she's thinking of throwing up a set piece somewhere. So I will keep you updated once the location is nailed down!

Remember: October 24th! Dress up! 1-3 pm SLT for the first one, 7-9 pm SLT for the second! We hope to see you there!

No comments:

I wanna live a vibrant life, but I wanna die a boring death

This is the..."Ham Tree"...at LORE . It's a group gift. Mesmer's love of meat where meat should not be is spreading... ...