14 March, 2021

I hope it's worth it, out on the highway, yeah (part II)

So, the previous post was the day before yesterday. And then, yesterday...this happened:
[12:48] mxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: [dusts off her hands against each other] There. So apparently I have "atoned" for "making" [Jxxxxxx] put her tastefully nude photo up in [Axxxxx]'s gallery by putting my own next to it. Hopefully neither will be gracing an outside public wall in 100s of repeats, full bright, sub 1.0 scaled, any time soon.
Yes, that is...devoutly to be wished. And I have no objections to the gallery show--I was considering the concept--but all this sounds...well, very much "There I've fixed it". And...how? Precisely?
[12:49] txxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: Thank you for warning me. I, for one, will exercise every bit of discretion I possess......
[12:49] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr): I....what.
[12:49] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr): YOU ARE NOT MAKING IT EASY NOT TO BLOG THIS
And obviously, I failed on the not blogging it part, though I would reinforce, I did ask both Miss M. and Lady J. for permission. Because this was...oh, gods, "huge" sounds like a terrible pun, considering what happens later.
[12:50] mxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: *I* don't have any qualms about your blog.
[12:50] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr): Yay! Permission!
Which is when I went back and captured the beginning of this section of chat, but held it until verifying with Lady J.
[12:50] Fxxxxx Cxxxxxxx: Every ... bit ... of...discretion? What are the units of "discretion" ?
Valid question.
[12:50] Wxxxxxxxx Jxxxxxxx: Discretion? We don't got no discretion? We don't got to show you no stinkin discretion. (apologies to Gold Hat)
[12:52] mxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: I am definitely not advocating anyone go to her gallery and see either photo, on the back wall on the let side, 2nd floor.
[12:52] mxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: *left
[12:52] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr): Of course not.
[12:52] txxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: Wouldn't dream of it....
[12:52] mxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: *Right side!!!
[12:53] mxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: right
[12:53] mxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: (omg I am the WORST geographer)
[12:54] mxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: Just don't go here Caledon Oxbridge Village (75,26,32) if you don't want to see them.
[12:54] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr): Helpful!
[12:54] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr) grins
[12:55] txxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: That's certainly a load off my mind......
[13:02] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr) smiles
[13:03] Axxxxxx Gxxxxxx has found myself surprised that there's never been a burlesque club in Caledon called the Bewm Bewm Room.
I'm not. That sounds more like it should show up in Seraph City.
[13:04] mxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: So apparently somehow I was able to drag-copy [Jxxxxxx]'s photo so there are 4 of them. I shoved 3 back behind the wall.
And this is when things started going off the rails again. How? How does someone copy someone else's object in SL? I can't recall if Miss M. still had rights to Lady J's objects, it's certainly possible, but I have rights to move, send back, and outright delete Lady J's objects, because we do run into issues building on Gearhaven? And I don't have to right to copy anything she directly owns. So...confusion?
[13:04] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr) facepalms
[13:04] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr): You....have issues. :D
[13:04] mxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: I wonder if I can resize them
[13:05] mxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: oh no
Oh, please no--
[13:05] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr): Don't say that
[13:05] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr): Don't say that concerning nudes
[13:05] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr): Not again
[13:06] mxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: i can fix it
OH PLEASE NO--
[13:06] mxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: you know how when you build
[13:06] mxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: and the angle is odd and you slide a stretch handle
Oh, no. What? Oh no.
[13:06] mxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: and it flings the opposite way?
[13:06] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr): Uh-huh....
[13:06] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr): WAIT
[13:07] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr): So where is [Jxxxxxx]'s nude photo NOW??
[13:07] mxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: at teh gallery
[13:07] mxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: I can't edit or move it now
[13:07] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr): Somewhere flying over Caledon??
[13:07] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr): Oh, so it's still in the gallery
I suppose we should be grateful for small favors.
[13:07] mxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: well, the one ON the wall is fine
Good, good...
[13:07] vxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: ...on the side of a blimp?
[13:07] mxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: it's up
[13:07] mxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: over the building
[13:07] mxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: and .. large
Don't say 'large'.
[13:07] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr): Well, that's fine, I'm sure Ms. [Jxxxx] can send it back or delete it at....
And then the ha'penny dropped, so to speak.
[13:07] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr): YOU
[13:07] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr): DID
[13:08] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr): NOT
[13:08] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr): do this
[13:08] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr): AGAIN
[13:08] mxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: no no not exactly
[13:08] mxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: i um
[13:08] exxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: You um?
[13:08] mxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: I will try to shrink it.. but now it won't let me.. I don't have edit permissions on her stuff but it let me do it a minute ago!
HOW?!?
[13:09] mxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: if it lets me move it maybe I can put it in the ground or the water
[13:09] mxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: i will TP out and back an dsee if that helps
[13:10] mxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: ok i can move it
[13:10] mxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: oops
And it was hearing that 'oops', faithful readers, that made me leave the En Garde event at Sakura--in my very 1940's sleeveless twin set, with the extraordinarily non-Victorian lipstick-red pumps--and take the landmark that Miss M. had "helpfully" given out earlier. Because oh, dear gods, this was going pear-shaped AGAIN.
[13:11] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr): AND the landmark you gave drops you off in midair--
Because it did. I didn't even bother flying, I just fell to the roof and went splat.
[13:11] mxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: does it?
[13:11] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr) stomps on the roof for emphasis
[13:11] mxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: um
Justine-living-large1

And, when I turned around after hitting the roof...
[13:11] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr): MIZI OMG
[13:11] mxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: let me see if I can make it all grey or something
[13:11] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr): I THOUGHT YOU LIKED HER
[13:12] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr) facepalms

[13:12] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr): All the palms

[13:12] mxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: Oh I fixed it!
[13:12] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr): Well, it's gone at least...
[13:12] txxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: Landmark "is not working as intended" or "not working, as intended"?
That is an excellent question. I do not know.
[13:12] mxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: whew
[13:12] mxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: oh it autoreturned
[13:12] mxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: let me take care of that
WAIT NO WHAT--
[13:12] Gxxxxxxx Hxxxx cacophony of the screeching damned somewhere in the distance.
[13:12] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr): DO NOT BRING IT BACK
[13:13] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr): mizi void stars stop
[13:13] mxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: I wanted it back in my normal inventory
At that size??
[13:13] mxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: oh that isn ot what that does
[13:13] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr): Please tell me you can take that back
[13:13] txxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: There is such a thing as a normal inventory? Who knew?
[13:14] mxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: nope
[13:14] vxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: I have crocuses in my pocketses.
Miss V., I highly doubt you march around anywhere with even tasteful nudes in with the crocuses, ready to be whipped out at a moment's notice, so...
[13:14] Nxxxx Rxxx: Certainly not a description of MY inventory
Nor mine, but nevertheless.
[13:14] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr): You can't do ANYTHING with it?
[13:14] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr): Not even make it grey?
[13:14] mxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: maybe if we put a giant Caledon flag in front of it
[13:14] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr): [Jxxxxxx] is going to kill you
Justine-living-large2

Oh, WHY...
[13:14] mxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: oh no
[13:14] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr): YOU MADE IT FULL BRIGHT
[13:14] mxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: I didn't do anything!!
YOU MADE IT FULL BRIGHT!
[13:14] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr): [Jxxxxxx] is going to kill you.
[13:14] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr): I may help.
And we adjourn to part three...

2 comments:

Mizi said...

I do not know WHAT was going on with my build tools! I did not choose Full Bright, or resizing. The direction I moved things did not correspond to my mouse direction. I DID think maybe it would fall weird and go off the building, but ... obviously... Also, I do not have edit rights to her stuff, so that is a big mystery as well.. and the intermittent non-editing modes. Just weird.

I asked around a bit if anyone had seen a failure mode in the build tools on Firestorm like that and the only answer I got was, "Not as hilarious as that!"

Mizi
♥♥

Mizi said...

And also, I think Andrea said later that she had a TP landing point set on that parcel from an old build, and that overrode my SLURL.

But if was sorta fun dropping to the roof like that.

Wasn't it?

Mizi
♥♥

I wanna live a vibrant life, but I wanna die a boring death

This is the..."Ham Tree"...at LORE . It's a group gift. Mesmer's love of meat where meat should not be is spreading... ...