17 March, 2021

I'm walking on the spot to show that I'm alive

One more day, one more trip out to the mines to scavenge for various ores...

new-on-Haven1

Something new has been added.

I knew about the snakes (haven't been bitten yet, so don't know how bad those are), and the spiders (I have been bitten by those, and they're pretty bad), and there's a couple cranky deer who do nothing more than bugle in my direction, plus a random wolf here and there. But...wild pigs. Those were new.

new-on-Haven2

So I put the dilithium scan on hold, and let it approach. Would it rush me? Would I get gored by tusks? What was going to happen?

new-on-Haven3

Apparently nothing. He just walked up, looked at me, nudged me once, and left. Well. Guess that's that.

On the other hand...

new-on-Haven4

I'd seen the sand snakes, well camouflaged against Haven's normal dusty terrain. I'd seen the snow snakes, scarily well concealed in the drifts of Haven's winter. But this...this was new.

new-on-Haven5

And what the hell. Bright green scales? Burning red, glowing eyes? No attempt at protective coloration, just bold as brass, hissing towards me.

new-on-Haven6

I just froze, and watched as it wound around my ankles, snek, what in EVERY hell...and then slithered off. Presumably to wriggle through the chain-link and bite someone coming in on a transport ship. Great.

What's next? Rodents of Unusual Size?? This is ridiculous.

No comments:

I wanna live a vibrant life, but I wanna die a boring death

This is the..."Ham Tree"...at LORE . It's a group gift. Mesmer's love of meat where meat should not be is spreading... ...