14 March, 2021

I hope it's worth it, out on the highway, yeah (part I)

We had been discussing the Steam Hunt when Miss H. veered into building matters:
[14:47] Hxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: ahh no [Sxxxxx] has me on a show leash...I am no longer allowed to delete or make buildings invisible...I already pulled that stunt
[14:47] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr): Make...buildings...invis....
[14:47] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr): Okay, that's one I haven't done!
[14:48] Cxxxxx Mxxxxxx: you can always make them invisible, but only for yourself
[14:48] Hxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: well first I made it invisible thn I turned them plywood colored all over
[14:48] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr): I have deleted them out from under me, taken back walls or floors, once made a house physical on misclick, THAT was fun....
[14:48] Hxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: I had a mishap with a picture frame
[14:48] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr): Yes, I've accidentally retextured with a texture I didn't want. :D
[14:48] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr): Never made an entire house invisible.
[14:48] Hxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: I live to excel
[14:49] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr) salutes you
I mean...it is a kind of accomplishment. What does one do with an entirely invisible house? I'd probably turn it teal and make it glow, but then I'd worry about the neighbors seeing in. :D
[14:49] Cxxxxx Mxxxxxx: I've done the re-texturing with a definitely-not-a-wall texture before.
[14:49] Mxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: Yes. .. I once had 100s of [Jxxxxxx]'s looking at me when I dragged a snapshot on teh wall i was editing.
[14:49] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr) laughs
[14:49] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr): That would be amusing AND unnerving
[14:49] Hxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: If you are going to do something bone headed go for the whole enchiladea
[14:49] Mxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: and then LL decided, oh, you can't edit that now and locked it.
[14:49] Hxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: oooh [Mxxx] that sounds creepy
[14:49] Hxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: yikes
[14:49] Mxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: Yes.. her eyes follow you wherever you walk
[14:50] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr) grins
[14:50] Hxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: I just reskinned all my apartment walls over it
[14:50] Mxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: Not that I minded that so much
[14:50] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr): They do that in front of her, too
[14:50] Hxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: hurts the prim allowance though
[14:50] Hxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: but no way was I asking [Sxxxxx] for help with the wallpaper again after that
[14:51] Mxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: This was a public wall on the [RP] sim.
...wait. It was all fun and games until this. Miss M., you did this on a public wall? How public a wall?? Dear gods.
[14:51] Hxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: I am trying to keep a low profile
[14:51] Hxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: wow you are famous then!
[14:52] Mxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: Luckily I tend to be one between the UK and US East coast crowds, so I sorted it before anyone else came on sim
[14:52] Mxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: well, mostly
Um..."mostly"?
[14:52] Jxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Axxxxxxx feels a disturbance in the force and pokes her head in the room.
[14:52] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr) falls down laughing
[14:53] Hxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx tries to look innocent
[14:53] Mxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: I now have a NC full of UUIDs of anything I try to edit like that. Thank gods for cache viewers.
[14:53] Jxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Axxxxxxx: [mxxx] did what now?
[14:53] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr) can only point weakly at [Jxxxxxx], make weird gestures towards her eyes, and collapse into giggles again.
[14:53] Mxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: You know the main wall on the old [RP] sim that the mansion is atop?
You fill me with dread, Miss M. Say on.
[14:53] Jxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Axxxxxxx nods slowly, "above the river? yes?"
[14:54] Mxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: I dragged you portrait onto it on accident and set the repeats to like . a lot.
[14:54] Mxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: and then LL locked it
[14:54] Jxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Axxxxxxx gapes in horror. "oh. my. GOD."
[14:54] Jxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Axxxxxxx falls down. "wait, WHICH portrait?"
[14:54] Mxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: um
[14:54] Mxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: the um
[14:54] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr): Oh gods
[14:54] Mxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: racy one
[14:54] Jxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Axxxxxxx: oh GOD
I should note, this entire conversation was held in the main Independent States of Caledon group. So Miss M. has just told a bunch of neo-Victorians that she tiled a pin-up shot of another Caledonian across a retaining wall that runs the length of more than one building. Let that sink in.
[14:54] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr): 0.0
[14:54] Jxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Axxxxxxx: oh NO!!! YOU DIDN'T
[14:54] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr): OKAY THAT'S WORSE
[14:54] Mxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: well, the nakies one where your bits are hidden
[14:54] Mxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: mostly
"Mostly".
[14:55] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr) facepalms
[14:55] Justine (justinejohndory.amethyst) falls to the floor, hands over her head. "OH MY GOD."
[14:55] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr): "Mostly"
[14:55] Mxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: Its ok. only like 2 people came on sim before I fixed it
"Only".
[14:55] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr) snickercackles
[14:55] Mxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: and they probalby didn't see it
[14:55] Mxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: most lkely
[14:55] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr): "Probably"
[14:55] Mxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: ish
[14:55] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr) collapses again
She keeps using these words!
[14:55] Mxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: I mean, [Axxxxx] and [Nxxxxxx] never have said one word.
[14:56] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr): I want to send the Duke this entire conversation. :D
I did send the Duke this entire conversation. Then I saved it for here (with permission from both chief parties involved, yes).
[14:56] Mxxxxxx Rxxxxxxxx: anyway.. we were saying.. *I* was saying how your eyes followed me wherever I walked
[14:56] Hxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: OMG
[14:57] Mxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: I mean I wasn't panicking running around
[14:57] Mxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: a lot
"A lot".
[14:57] Hxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: this is why I don't do Nakies piccies
[14:57] Hxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: you never know where they end up
Probably wise, Miss H.!
[14:57] Jxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Axxxxxxx: they were TASTEFUL!
[14:57] Mxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: When you got far enough way you couldn't even tell it was you
This...is...not as reassuring as you think it is, Miss M.
[14:57] Mxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: hardly
[14:57] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr): I'm sure they were!
[14:57] Mxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: ish
[14:58] Hxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: pffft
[14:58] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr): "Ish"
[14:58] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr) giggles again
Oh, dear gods, Miss M. and qualifiers. I was just astounded at this point.
[14:58] Hxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: someone needs to give me a scale with ish on it so I can calibrate
[14:58] Mxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: of course, full bright did make it easier to tell in the dark
[14:58] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr): FULL
[14:58] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr): BRIGHT
[14:58] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr) is dead nao.
AKA, actually leaning over the keyboard, laughing until I was fighting for air, as much in shock as amusement. Not even kidding.
[14:59] Gxxxxxxx Hxxxx looks over the brim of his glasses in bemusement.
[14:59] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr): can't....breathe....halp....
[14:59] Mxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: Hey! at least I didn't have glow on it
[14:59] Hxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: LOL
[15:00] Jxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Axxxxxxx digs out the photo.
[15:01] Mxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: It was a good lesson in texture preparedness, making sure to get enough sleep, and reading texture titles more carefully.
[15:01] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr) grins. "Yes. Always texture when rested."
[15:01] Hxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: Ok Justine is trying to calibrate my ish...but FLikr doesn't want me to see
[15:01] Jxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Axxxxxxx: and maybe don't use a naked picture of your best friend?
[15:01] Jxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Axxxxxxx: maybe?
THIS. ALL the this!
[15:02] Mxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: I wasn't using it per se
[15:02] Mxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: and I didn't know the wall was selected
Wait, whoa, missed this....What were you doing, then, Miss M.? That tiled the texture that many times over the wall you didn't know was selected? Were you trying to make a, what, a mosaic vase? With little images of Lady J as the tiles??
[15:02] Jxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Axxxxxxx passes the photo to [hxxxxx]. "PLEASE don't put it on any walls? kthx."
[15:03] Hxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: I will look and delete it to be certain
Sounds fair enough.

Can digital images be cursed? Because...there's a second part to this.

No comments:

I wanna live a vibrant life, but I wanna die a boring death

This is the..."Ham Tree"...at LORE . It's a group gift. Mesmer's love of meat where meat should not be is spreading... ...