22 March, 2021

hurts me to hurt you, baby (part IX)

(Roleplay entry. Continued from part VIII.)

The Duchess walked into the study, seeing the replicant sitting in one of the Duke's favorite chairs. She wasn't in Justine's position of resenting the clone, merely for existing, she just fretted over the potential reasons why. In the meantime, at least in some fashion, the Duke was here. Right?

He looked up. "Hi..."

Her smile warmed. "Hello, there."

He shifted in the chair. "How are you, lover?"

So familiar. She walked forward. "I'm good." She made to sit in the chair, and the chair's innate mechanics dropped her to kneel in front of it. She looked up at him. He looked back. She looked at the floor, then pointedly looked back at him. He just stared. Finally, sighing, she smiled up at him, the smile slowly cooling.

"So..." she started. If he didn't catch the hint, she was just going to stand and take a side chair. This was ridiculous.

"How have you been?" the Duke said. She grinned wryly. "You asked that. "I've been okay."

He suddenly seemed to notice she was on the floor, and tapped the arm of the chair, bringing her up to curl in his lap. "Sorry. I'm...forgetful for some reason..."

Hiro-S1

She simply smiled, resting her head on his shoulder. "Now I'm better. And remember, I mentioned on the station. You've been...ill. You'll get better. It will come back."

He smiled. "I feel like myself...but..." He continued, voice distracted. "...there are times when...I feel like...I should know something. But I don't. Stuff is familiar, but then it isn't..."

She sighed softly, cupping his face. Searching those so-familiar eyes. "Just let it go for now."

He wasn't swayed. "Like...I had a dream last night. All night."

"Oh?"

He nodded. "Of an ivory pomegranate...and melting candle wax on Mondrago...Not sure what that's about..."

Hiro-S2

She nodded. "I'm sure it will make sense in time."

"You think so?"

She just nodded, but privately...she began to worry. What if they couldn't find the Duke? What if this was all they had left? What happened then?


(Continued in part X.)

No comments:

I wanna live a vibrant life, but I wanna die a boring death

This is the..."Ham Tree"...at LORE . It's a group gift. Mesmer's love of meat where meat should not be is spreading... ...