13 September, 2016

for you, for you, I would walk forever through this barren land

I'm still not sure why, and I haven't heard anything from the group owners since, but apparently, there will be no Octoberville this year. I'm very sad about this. I hope the owners manage to bring it back next year, because last year the experience was such a joy. I wish them all the best.

But on to the next haunt, which is--appropriately enough--called "The Haunted". The intro screen said:
IF YOU LOVE TO BE SCARED COME TO Haunted! Haunted has 2 sims full of spooks and scares, we have an Apocalyptic city, where Zombies are king. There is a lot to do here if the Zombies let you!
Hmm. I do not like running from zombies. I do not like zombies killing me and teleporting me back home. But...I told myself I would at least look it over, because the haunt I remember from last year with the same name was vastly different.

[16:23] Professional Gadget: Welcome to Haunted you must join group to shoot zombies

Then...good? I can't shoot them, they can't eat me?



There's something wrong with this picture...



That's better. Haunts play truer to form with the right atmosphere.



With trepidation, I chose the Carnival to wander through first.



This place has definitely seen better days. But for some reason, there's still power, even though all the rides are gone. That's rather disturbing. Why is the power still on?



I found a Spook House ride, and decided to risk it. I'm very glad I did. It's old-school, but that doesn't mean it doesn't work. It's not a big jump-scare ride, it's more something you'd find in an old-fashioned amusement park, say, circa 1962.



Or mayhap a ride in a Rob Zombie horror film, before the horror really gets going.



Next to the Spook House is a roller-coaster called "Flight of the Vampire". Do check it out if you have the time. Again, it seems to be all old-school prims, no mesh, but the rails are overhead, not underneath, so if you ride it in mouselook it's very much like you're actually on a roller coaster, swooping and turning and occasionally flipping upside down. To add to the charm, the seats are coffins, with shining crosses as the bars holding them to the rails.

The rest of the sim seems to be zombie territory. Now I proceed carefully...



...but not carefully enough. The dogs were bad enough, but undead bunnies? That was unexpected.

And then a house fell apart around me. Right, that's it, I'm done.

If you like old-time carnival rides, half this sim will be your joy. If you want to join the Haunted group, and grab a shotcgun and go hunt the undead, the other half will make you happy. Me, I found a few rides I liked, so it wasn't a waste of my time.

Some days, that's enough.

No comments:

I've got a three day headache and it's all in my head

It's the 30th of March. One day before Ostara. And there's been a lot of...well. Conversations like the one below. [18:43] Emil...