25 September, 2016

and if you still find yourself with nothing to believe in

And now, Angel's Haunted House, about which is said:
WERE BACK by demand! Hunt for free over 50 free items
Scariest haunted house in ALL OF SL. Clothing required!
children must be accompanied by an adult. Ghosts, werewolves, LIVE ACTORS TO SCARE YOU.
,furry friendly, fully interactive.


That is a direct quote, by the way. I saw no live actors, and I have to say, it's certainly not the "Scariest haunted house" on the grid.



So, it's a conglomeration of areas, two main haunts and some random scenes in between.



Why is it always creepy clowns?



There wasn't that much in the main house I hadn't seen before, so I crossed over to the other main haunt, a jury-built insane asylum. But before I got there...



...I found this. Cute little 'don't-do-this' photo pose.



Gosh. Twin bloodied armed psychopaths. Just peachy.



Now, was he the dolls' conjured, or their caretaker? Hard to tell.



Hello, Silent Hill. Another direct rip from the game. Who is doing all the Silent Hill rips this year??



I have no idea who Random Gory Dead Girl is supposed to represent, so...your guess is as good as mine.

So, is it a waste of time? Not totally? I mean, the two main haunts are fairly cohesive within themselves, and there's some cute moments here and there. Even though a lot of the themes are very overused, they're nicely presented. The soundscape is good, and while there's repetition, it's not enough to truly annoy.

It's just not stellar. I wanted more. Maybe you will, maybe you won't, if you go, I can't say. It just felt like they could have been more creative, less derivative, with both main haunts.

No comments:

hide away, they say, 'cos we don't want your broken parts

Yeah, so...remember that thing I was recovering from? You know, last year ? Yeah. I did it again. So this is Em Faw Down Go Boom part ...