27 September, 2016

'cause you know I love the players, and you love the game

As I was scrolling down through the list of stores with haunted items for sale, and haunts with no items for sale, I very nearly passed the entry that said October Country:
Friendly, Nature, Park, Scenic, Landscape, Noob, Horror, Haunted, Haunted House, Scary, Spooky, Autumn, Fall, Relax, Hangout, Social, Chat, Meet, Halloween, Explore, Gather, Rest, Adventure, Festive, Farm, Countryside.
I have missed October Country ever since it left. Does this mean it's back? Is it owned by the same people? Is it an homage to the original? I just don't know, but I'm here now. Let's see if I can find out.

As it seems to be just one parcel, I doubt it's by the same people--as I recall, they owned a whole sim. Though I could be wrong; perhaps they're trying out the idea of owning land again in SL by renting first. Who knows?



They also have a group, with this lovely quote:
"That country where it is always turning late in the year, where the hills are fog and the rivers are mist; where noons go quickly, dusks and twilights linger, and midnights stay. That country whose people are autumn people, thinking only autumn thoughts. Whose people passing at night on the empty walks sound like rain."
― Ray Bradbury
Impressive.



The tree in front of the house is a tad grotesque, but I shall press on.



I could have sworn I saw one of these moving as I walked up to the porch...



Oh, good. Creepy mannequins and creepy dolls...

...who...all turned to look at me, when I passed by...



Oh, that's just disturbing. I'm sensing a theme...



I guess I live here now.

Come by and enjoy the view.

No comments:

I've got a three day headache and it's all in my head

It's the 30th of March. One day before Ostara. And there's been a lot of...well. Conversations like the one below. [18:43] Emil...