09 August, 2020

my kingdom for a kiss upon her shoulder (part I)

This entire thread on silent films and 'mansplaining' is genius, and I ended up retweeting not even a third of it before I realized I just needed to slap the entire thing in Twitter bookmarks. Plus, all the art is correctly attributed.

And I wish I'd gotten to this sooner, but...I wrote this entire entry, thought I saved it to publish, then had to restart my computer. When I pulled the blog back up...the entire thing had erased. So...this is a reconstructed review.

Of the two new things to review, we're starting with the fashion bit today--which is "Solitaire", a lovely, slinky, glittery minidress collaboration from Miss sachi Vixen of Adam n' Eve, and Deep Static of Deep Static (of course), for the Liaison Collaborative event.

Las-Vegas-1

It's a form-fitting number with a plunging, draping cowl neckline, and is also very low-cut in back (more on that later). This is a glimmering iridescent tone I don't have a better name for.

Las-Vegas-2

There's also a glistening snow white, very bright, very vibrant.

Las-Vegas-3

This is the set's gold, not the bright, glittering flash of new gold, but the burnished warmth of gold coins well handled.

Las-Vegas-4

I adore this shade--I'd call it a merlot, honestly, but it might be simply wine. (sachi, why you no name your colors? Why?)

Las-Vegas-5

The turquoise I snapped from the back for two reasons, this being the first. Normally, I think it's very tacky to have lingerie that peeps over the edge of an outfit, unless it's designed to do that? But this I left, because it shows just how low-cut the back is.

(That particular thong, by the way, has been a lifesaver since I'm still struggling to figure out why applier-layered lingerie now doesn't work for me? It's made by Kaithleen's, about the only thing it fails at is a solid blue, and even though it has a delicate chain detail for the straps it fits under 99% of everything I wear.)

Las-Vegas-6
And this is a close-up of the little charm detail that fits the Las Vegas theme of the Liaison's event. I'm showing it in the black, but there's six different metal options for each dress.

And that's all for part I! Part II coming soon!

(All pictures taken at the City of Elysian, which is absolutely beautiful, BUT also a capture/prey Adult sim. So know that going in. I didn't get overly accosted [and I wasn't looking to be], but it's still wise to be careful if visiting.)

No comments:

I wanna live a vibrant life, but I wanna die a boring death

This is the..."Ham Tree"...at LORE . It's a group gift. Mesmer's love of meat where meat should not be is spreading... ...