16 August, 2020

the night is coming and the starling flew for days

This may be the best site in the history of ever. It's a growing archive of women who have done phenomenal things, usually at the risk to their own safety, because they felt they had to, because they felt it was important, because no one else was stepping up to do it.

In the meantime...

lost-spirits1

Well, that's not something you see every day. This is the What's Lost Spirits store. Or...something.

lost-spirits2

I found this very odd...creature...thing...in a store I'd landed in on one of the sales list I wander every week. I can't even really describe it--it was all elongated limbs, pointed head, cell-blast silver-grey skin...and of course, I pondered getting it to put it...somewhere...on the sim I'm helping to build. For reasons.

lost-spirits3

I didn't grab a picture of that, but when I went to what I thought was the store to get the strange...creature...thing? Well. I found Lost Spirits.

None of these pictures are altered in any way. I wanted to present exactly what I saw--no photoprocessing, no lightening, just--what's there. Because what's there is eerie, beautiful, disturbing, unnerving, surreal...and amazing.

lost-spirits4

This seemed to be the main form of transit--floating elongated elephant platforms that slowly rise and fall between levels. Because of course it is.

All of this, by the way, seems to be the brain child--or fever dream--of Ms. Stabitha (what88.zond). I'm told she changes the landscape every couple of years, and not sure how long this build of things has been up, in that case? But...yes.
lost-spirits5

Floating islands, chained to rocks, stacked hexagons of stone, huge, dimly glowing crystals, faces rising from the bases of buildings. Hands reaching for the stillborn sky. This is not my mental landscape, but...it resonates.

And I am very cognizant that--while so far I'm one of only two that's seen it--one of the first structures I put up on the developing sim was a series of floating rocks, chained to the land. It's not this--I hadn't seen this yet--but...recognition, nonetheless.

lost-spirits6

I never managed to find where that odd alien creature was, on this sim. I looked. There are places it seems the only way to access is by flight, so...rather than investigate further on foot, I just looked. I did end up buying the hand trees, though. And the cultists outside the castle on the sim? They began life here.

lost-spirits7

Atop the screaming island is a coffee bar with some brooding residents. I don't know how much is for sale, here, honestly, though I do know that the first picture of the tower-hatted individual is for sale--floating island, hat and all. And while I'll have to edit this later and put the name of the artist up, everything I unpacked from here contained a card saying that if we didn't find something we were looking for, just ask. I may ask for that silver-skinned thing.

lost-spirits8

Turns out, if one Googles "What's Lost Spirits", a lot turns up, but...most of it is post-processed, colored, different effects added, or shot in SL's day cycle. And...no. You can go look at the videos and other blog entries if you want, but...you really need to go here. Stand in the stillness. Breathe in the peaceful grey. Ride the elephant platform. And wander as far as you can.

It's one of those sims where I don't know what everything on it means, but I do know that it means.

No comments:

I wanna live a vibrant life, but I wanna die a boring death

This is the..."Ham Tree"...at LORE . It's a group gift. Mesmer's love of meat where meat should not be is spreading... ...