11 August, 2020

I'm hungry, and I hope you feed me

[08:23] Ren 'Jinx' Flow (ren.float): (repost #1) All groups, regardless of the number of members, are being affected
Okay, fine, but...by what? Because that's the first message that's come through in any of my groups this morning...

Wise words from Wiseblood Wisent:
"We really need to rethink the way houses are built to minimize the cost of the damage done by tornadoes. If bone is stronger than concrete and very light, why don't we build houses and cars out of bones from dead people and animals? It would be considered recycling and the dead bodies would be more compact without the skeleton and take up less burial space. Also, we could use animal bones to build houses that could be more tornado proof. Our cars could be more protective. I'm surprised Volvo hasn't come up with that idea. "Soylent Green" could be my tornado-proof house and crash-proof car. I'm not joking. Someone really needs to study and explore this idea of using bone as a building material."
I think he's on to something.

So...been a significant change.

august-7-2020-partnered

That happened on August 7th. It's been something of a whirlwind since--care, love, laughter, plans, redecorating, name changing, public displays of affection, goofy smiles, sentiment, and peace. I'm very happy he asked. I'm very happy I was able to accept.

That being said...the first "social event", I suppose, that I went to with my new title as Duchess Gearhaven (oh yes, I very much married up) was the Summer Ball at the Rose Theatre at Angel Manor, for the Bó'ài Hónglián Companion Guild House.

rose-theatre1

This place...just so impressive. Polished black marble floor so glossy I could see my face mirrored in it, huge columns reaching to the high arched ceilings overhead. Grand on a scale that was grand even for grand.

That's High Priestess and Goddess Varahi, by the way, at the base of the stairs on the right.

rose-theatre2

This angle shows a bit of the stage, with full-grown trees apparently growing from it, and the gilded chairs and small tables in front of the stage.

rose-theatre3

This is when I briefly snuck into one of the alcoves for a wide shot.

rose-theatre4

Part of the performance onstage, which is part of the training for new acolytes to the Guild house.

rose-theatre5

Another angle of the dance onstage. Very traditional, very formal, and though they were very nervous, they performed beautifully for the guests--and their Guild.

The lighting was so interesting, too. Near as I can tell, it wasn't a spotlit effect, it was just that overall, almost UV glow. Wild.

rose-theatre6

I had a surprisingly fun time. I hadn't expected much, to be honest, knowing only--I thought--two people there, but I discovered other friends, and yes, it tickled me immensely to be called Duchess. Oh, I know, it's not "real" peerage, I married up--I do comprehend that--but you know, when one is this sweepingly in love, does it truly matter?

And..I am. Genuinely. There are those beyond me who say this was on the whirlwind side, to which I say both yes and no. Yes, from the asking to the actual partnering was a bit less than 48 hours, in all seriousness, but...I have known the Duke since 2017, and he has always been in my thoughts. This felt more like...the right thing to do.

I like that.

No comments:

I wanna live a vibrant life, but I wanna die a boring death

This is the..."Ham Tree"...at LORE . It's a group gift. Mesmer's love of meat where meat should not be is spreading... ...