13 August, 2020

a world that sends you reeling from decimated dreams

This...is Angel Oaks.

the-oaks1

Fapple's an interesting little store. I'm sure they have PG furniture as well, but I discovered them because I was on an idle search for femdom pieces. For...reasons.

They cover a surprising amount of sub-genres--maledom, femdom, petplay, very tasteful BDSM devices of all kinds...if nothing else, it's an intriguing walk through a set of interconnected hallway showrooms.

the-oaks2

But Angel Oaks is something else. It's an all-in one--enclosed skybox, fully furnished playspace, environmental effects (there's a waterwheel), and everything is set in this gloriously subdued eternal twilight that is very easy on the eyes, in person.

the-oaks3

My Duke was amused with how enchanted I was with it, and while I did not bring it up to get him to buy it--it is fairly costish, coming in just under five thousand Lindens--he decided to buy it for me anyway, as a housewarming gift.

It's the closest thing I've found on the grid to a truly Unseelie space, since Lumindor.

the-oaks4

While it is set within its own small grove of night trees, and rises out of a quiet, still pond, it's technically a set of three interconnected platforms--one central, one lower, and one in a small gazebo up a set of stairs.

This is one of the bat-winged lights that ring the gazebo.

the-oaks5

I should point out that, in this shot and the one following, the ring of stones (a handy teleporter) was added, the rug was added, and the Royal Scandal lounger from Black Sun on the lower platform. I also exchanged one of the two chairs that was on the central platform with one I had in inventory. But everything else--the two cages, the throne in the gazebo and the two chairs on the main platform, the rugs under them, the small tea table, the photos and arches behind the chairs, the floating hot-air balloon chandelier and the scenery--all of it comes with the skybox.

the-oaks6

I like it here. I could live here. Well, hells, I do live here at least part of the time. No, there's no bed, but...I don't really need it for sleeping, after all.

But yes, sometimes I do go here just to sit quietly and sip tea, and breathe in the twilight glow. It's...incredibly calming.

I'm so happy I own this little bit of the faelands. It matters.

No comments:

I wanna live a vibrant life, but I wanna die a boring death

This is the..."Ham Tree"...at LORE . It's a group gift. Mesmer's love of meat where meat should not be is spreading... ...