14 August, 2020

I'm not looking for salvation, just a little faith in anyone or anything

From another messaging service, and maybe I'm the only one who found this funny:
[12:16 AM] Emilly: Okay, the Em is very confused. She had checked she wanted something. Came to about L$50? Went to the sheet to verify. Not there.
[12:16 AM] Emilly: I mean, I'm still willing to pay [@Sxxxx], but...how much do I owe if nothing's marked now??
[12:25 AM] Sxxxx: neither page shows you as being in on anything you haven't paid for yet
[12:25 AM] Sxxxx: so you owe nothing it would seem!
[12:25 AM] Emilly: I'm confused!
[12:25 AM] Emilly: What did I want!
[12:26 AM] Emilly reads that again. Truly, a question for the ages.
[12:26 AM] Emilly: But still!
[12:28 AM] Sxxxx: nothing, apparently
[12:28 AM] Sxxxx: you wanted nothing :p
[12:31 AM] Emilly: My life is a mystery
[12:32 AM] Sxxxx: and your past is history
[12:32 AM] Sxxxx: but your now, is a gift
[12:32 AM] Sxxxx: that's why they call it the present
[12:33 AM] Emilly: You went all this way just for that?
I'm surrounded by punsters.

This legitimately made me tear up. So many shelter cats need love. And the art is fantastic on that mini-comic, too.

"If I have learned anything in this long life of mine, it is this: in love we find out who we want to be; in war we find out who we are."
~Kristin Hannah, The Nightingale


For entirely separate reasons, I went through the rather inordinate amount of saved snippets of chat I have, things people have said, former things I've put on the SL bio, actual quotes from beyond the grid, et cetera...And some of them were too good not to share.
[12:58] Trin1 Resident: An apple a day will keep anyone away if you throw it hard enough
Always a point.
[4:55] Dannyboy Lightfoot: nice to see you can still say something that clearly makes complete sense in the world you inhabit, but is brilliantly meaningless to me
I raise confusion to a professional level.
[14:29] KlausWulfenbach Outlander: Chaos, destruction, death, agony, sinking, and an open bar.
Ah, St. Kitts...I still have pictures from the explosion, somewhere.
[12:56] Valerie Bluebird: My great uncle used to play the pangolin.
[13:02] Charlemagne Allen: Kinky
I still don't have a response for that.
[00:20] Sei Valentine (selectmemory): DON'T WAKE THE GAZEBO.
I'll try not to.
[20:05] Edward Pearse thinks Miss Cornelia has ODed on sugar again
[20:05] Cornelia Rothschild: What is this 'again' you speak of? 'Again' implies cessation.
She has a point.
[3:09] Ninja Tsiolkovsky: The fun part is finding out which parts of you are dangerous to touch.
[3:10] Emilly Orr: Wise words indeed.
Usually.
[23:12] Ninja Tsiolkovsky kisses your cheek sweetly
[23:12] Emilly Orr smiles
[23:12] Emilly Orr: And hello to you too.
[23:13] Ninja Tsiolkovsky: lips speak louder than words
[23:14] Emilly Orr: Sometimes.
[23:15] Ninja Tsiolkovsky: they do when they have gunpowder smeared over them
[23:15] Ninja Tsiolkovsky lights a match to your cheek
[23:15] Emilly Orr: Eep!
At times, I do particularly miss this demented madman.
[21:24] Desmond Shang: Kami, please stop drawing things on the caledon minicontinent map in downed regions. Thanks, Des
[21:25] Kamilah Hauptmann: And for my next performance, the Caledon Happyface in downed regions.
[21:25] Desmond Shang: shakes fist
And this is why I love Caledon.
[22:47] Emilly Orr: What did you roll in that made you sticky?
[22:47] Tanarian Davies: Bandwidth.
Isn't it always the way?
[21:06] Sahfur Silvera: if you sparkle in the sun...you are irradiated
[21:06] Oxana Vemo: Nothing quite says 'fear me' like glitter
Truth.
[02:52] narin Tomsen: whats that thingy called that ya toss your sculpts into and it makes them up all at once?
[02:52] Asadora (asadora.summers): sanity?
I...guess??
[19:24] Magdalena Outlander: Welcome to Caledon, where we beat the English language into shapes that can only be described with non-Euclidean geometry.
Frequently.
[11:32 PM] TriloByte Zanzibar: think of it as enblightenment
Okay.
[03:00] Fawkes Allen: "THE WATER IS NOW MADE OF BLOOD THAT IS ITSELF MADE OF FIRE, YES. EVERYTHING IS FINE, HOWEVER."
If you're sure.
[16:22] Nix Sands: How long does the Clockwork ball go to?
[16:22] Ilsa Munro: Till it winds down
*Ahem*.
[17:25] Xero Silverspar: Dog-drinking? This explains why someone salted the rim of my chihuahua.
If I remembered what conversation spawned this line, I would tell you.
[23:45] Magdalena Kamenev: Well, it was the 90s, after all.
[23:45] Magdalena Kamenev: Passe was big back then.
True.
[22:25] Frequency Picnic: War Linden, Pestilence Linden, Famine Linden...who's the 4th?
[22:25] Shalmendo Glineux: Torley
Probably.
[23:15] Kamilah Hauptmann: Des solves headaches with a six pack of Rock Stars. O_o
[23:15] Desmond Shang: sometimes you just gotta raaaawr through stuff.
[23:15] Desmond Shang: as they say, "git r dun"
[23:15] Emilly Orr: You did not just say that
Tch.
[3:00] Neome Graves: It is not my fault that the antelope are hard to steer.
Whose fault is it, then?
[17:26] Cornelia Rothschild follows her Coke with several lollipop chasers.
[17:27] Karsten Rutledge grins.
[17:27] Karsten Rutledge: Wired yet?
[17:27] Cornelia Rothschild: I can see forever. O_O
The sugar addiction, to be fair, is well known.
[20:09] Nite Page: "Not to be dinged, dented, crushed, bopped, or sniped in any way."
[20:09] DJ Buck Mellow (djbuck.mellow): who reads labels?
These days?
[22:55] Desmond Shang is trying to just be normal... which is insanely difficult
[22:55] Baron Klaus Wulfenbach (klauswulfenbach.outlander): Bah. Overrated.
Very much so.
[20:48] IsaDaft Trollop: I'm sitting still with my love and not camming around as the textures are taking forever to load.
[20:50] Emilly Orr: Mood.
Nearly always.
[16:44] Rudolfo Woodget: It's not the years, it's the mileage.
Forty-seven miles of barbed wire, mm-hmm.
[21:18] Tao Mistwalker: Just because I'm delusional doesn't mean I'm wrong.
[21:18] Emilly Orr: Well put
It is.

And some actual quotes:
"Opportunities to find deeper powers within ourselves come when life seems most challenging."
~Joseph Campbell


"Love is a snowmobile racing across the frozen tundra until suddenly, it flips over, pinning you underneath. At night, the ice weasels come."
~Matt Groenig


"Great things are not done by impulse, but by a series of small things brought together."
~Vincent Van Gogh
And
"Endurance is not just the ability to bear a hard thing, but to turn it into glory."
~William Barclay
There you go, that's the lot.

No comments:

I wanna live a vibrant life, but I wanna die a boring death

This is the..."Ham Tree"...at LORE . It's a group gift. Mesmer's love of meat where meat should not be is spreading... ...