21 August, 2020

and we're lost in a daze for days and days and days and now

This is going to take a while to sort through, but I think it's worth it--it is a gargantuan list of free fiction books, textbooks, childrens' books, plays, non-fiction works, cookbooks...with a special section at the bottom of books that are not free, but valued nonetheless, and how to find them. Have at.

Meanwhile, in the midst of some...very odd happenings...on the Isle, this started:
[10:31] wxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: nice tits ;)
Really? That's your opener?
[10:32] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr): ...Thank you? Have we met?
[10:33] wxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: not really just from your profile photo to be honest
Well, you're off to a stupendous start, truly.
[10:33] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr): Oh, all right.
[10:34] wxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: i hope i did not bother you emilly
And in the midst of clicking the window closed, I stopped. Huh. Random idiots usually don't apologize.
[10:34] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr): No, no, it was just out of nowhere. :)
[10:34] wxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: oh yeah i saw your profile in a group chat and i like the photo
[10:35] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr) smiles
No idea what group, because none of his openly shown groups match any of mine, but okay.
[10:36] wxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: and your partner is a very lucky guy btw
[10:36] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr): Oh, thank you.
Though, you know, I come down on the other side of that. I think I'm very lucky.
[10:38] wxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: can i ask you the usual questions
If you type a/s/l, I swear...
[10:38] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr): Sure.
[10:38] wxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: where are you from
And then things kicked into gear on the Isle, expect that in a later entry, and I got a tad bit distracted.
[10:40] wxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: is it bad question
[10:41] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr): No no
[10:41] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr): Just something else was happening
[10:41] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr): U.S.
[10:41] wxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: nice to meet . im from jordan
[10:42] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr): Oh, wow!
[10:42] wxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: far away . right ? :D
Yeah. Also, this fellow was literally the second person from Jordan I'd ever run across. (Sure, there could easily have been others, but I mean, people who told me where they were from.)
[10:45] wxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: you seems busy now ;)
I kind of was. There were tentacles.
[10:45] wxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: hope we talk sometime
[10:46] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr): It is far away, and sorry, RP picked up somewhere. :)
[10:47] wxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: cool . enjoy your RP . can i add you to chat sometime
[10:47] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr): Sure.
[10:47] Second Life:
[10:47] Second Life: Friendship offer accepted.
I must be losing my edge.
[10:47] Second Life: [wxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx] is online.
[10:47] wxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: ty
[10:48] wxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: enjoy the rp . and we gonna talk about the RP next time
[10:48] wxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: enjoy
[10:48] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr): Thanks!
And then we got back to trying to kill, sedate or banish the Thing From Beyond the Door...but...I don't know. I guess I was in a good mood? We'll see how this goes. In the end, he wasn't a COMPLETE idiot, so...new friend?

[Note from the Editrix: This was up for nearly a full day before someone pointed out I'd left the fellow's name visible. Please accept that was not the intention. He's a decent guy, he just had an utterly crap opening line.]

No comments:

I wanna live a vibrant life, but I wanna die a boring death

This is the..."Ham Tree"...at LORE . It's a group gift. Mesmer's love of meat where meat should not be is spreading... ...