15 August, 2020

is it me or is the medicine working?

Just to warn everyone: this is aggressively NSFW. But it's another really fun take on COVID precautions.

Meanwhile...Yeah, had to grab this bit. I'd been talking about the coming heat wave, which, yes, is in force today:
[13:33] vxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: My mood when I'm running errands is correspondingly sour - I can do mask or I can do this heat. But doing both at the same time is just disgusting.
[13:33] vxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: Ooh, I hope it cools a little sooner for you.
[13:33] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr): But who knows these days? 2020 is the year with murder hornets and zombie cicadas, so everything's up in the air
[13:34] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr): Yeah, summer+masks, no fun, I agree
[13:34] vxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: But at the same time, COVER YOUR NOSE.
[13:35] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr) grins
[13:35] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr): Ah, you have met the chinstrap brigade, I see
[13:35] vxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: Honestly, your double-chin isn't transmitting anything.
[13:35] vxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: It's safe.
[13:36] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr): NO
[13:36] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr): MUST PROTECC
[13:36] vxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: heee
[13:36] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr) grins
[13:36] vxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: I heard that the transit authority in Berlin has suggested that its regular riders *refrain* from wearing deodorant, to encourage nose-covering.
[13:36] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr): I actually...oh, my god...I was in a store about a week ago. Saw someone remove their mask...TO COUGH.
[13:37] vxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: omFG.
[13:37] Bxx Hxxxx: Agh.
[13:37] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr): It was one of those funny-not-funny moments? Like cats turning around and discovering a cucumber
There's actually a few potential reasons why cats get shocked by cucumbers--the main two being shocked by the sudden change in their environment, and the initial resemblance to a snake--something they need to jump away from, then attck if it moves.

And it's not the funny thing it seems, just FYI--humans are essentially deliberately scaring their cats just for fun, so...try not to do that?
[13:37] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr): Suddenly EVERYONE jumped away
[13:37] vxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx nods
[13:37] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr): In all directions
[13:37] Bxx Hxxxx: I'll bet they did!
[13:38] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr): And I'm standing there, thinking, Don't laugh, don't laugh, someone will likely KILL you if you laugh...
[13:38] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr): But it was so hard not to
[13:38] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr): It's like, thank you for being today's object lesson, sir, please go home
Anyway. On to mesh body things! Specifically, Maitreya body weirdness?

Now, I'd been hearing this here and there, didn't really understand the why of it, and frankly, didn't care enough to track it down, but apparently it is a big deal:
"Hi there,

"Recently Maitreya has updated their Lara body to version 5.2, this newest version includes the option to change the size of the feet so new shoe models are rigged to this new version to make them work perfectly with the body. This way customers will be able to change the size of their feet."
Now, I'm still back on 5.0, so I will likely need to go get the update, but seriously? First Slink updates so that Maitreya users can't buy their shoes (and seriously, Slink, that was dumb, that killed sales), and now ALL older shoes need to do this size-change trick?
"So what does this means? older shoe models will still work with your new udated version of the Maitreya Lara body as long as you keep your feet size in 25 value, and newest models, in my case all models released since the 8th of August 2020, will also allow you to change your feet size and make them bigger and smaller."
I...guess? This is...useful?? Maybe?
"So for older models just wear your Lara body and keep your feet size at 25 and for newer models just do whatever you prefer.

"Hope this helps you all.

"Best regards,

"Eudora3D (Daniel)"
So, if it helps anyone...It doesn't affect me, yet, I'm still on 5.0, as said. But when I update, it probably will...because I have a lot of older shoes. Especially in the steampunk and Victorian folders!

No comments:

I wanna live a vibrant life, but I wanna die a boring death

This is the..."Ham Tree"...at LORE . It's a group gift. Mesmer's love of meat where meat should not be is spreading... ...