07 June, 2021

so, where is the Duke, anyway? (part LXXXIV)

(Roleplay entry. Continued from part LXXXIII.)

Emilly woke the next morning, stretched, and shifted as she prepared for the day, sorting through her vast closet and choosing human form just in case she needed to drop by Mont Nuit, before she stopped in place. She looked down. She saw the wound; she did not, unfortunately, see the gel. Oh. Oh dear.

She heard the tone of the comm clicking on.

"Good morning Duchess!" Zack said.

"Good morning!"

"How do you feel?"

She swallowed. "I think...I felt fine until I shifted back from fur."

"I see," he murmured. Then, louder: "Are you available right now for a check-up?"

She nodded. "I am."

"Come join me at the clinic," Zack said. "I'll be waiting for you."

She gave up on finding an outfit she liked and just pulled out one at random, ending up in pink. Her lip curled, but she needed to go. She took the nearest port circle she found and walked up the stairs.

doctoring1

"Good morning!" she said, walking into the room. He was standing next to the back table, looking over notes. He looked up with a smile.

"Please, lay down on this table here, I will make a scan."

doctoring2

She gingerly hopped up on the table, touching her chest briefly. "Should I...take this off?"

He nodded. "Yes, please, and try to breathe normally."

She sat up again, wincing as she pulled off the dress. As she laid down once more, she looked up at the doctor.

"It was...bad...I shifted when we hit land again, and...I seemed fine? Then, this morning..."

doctoring3

He looked at the injury and frowned. "It seemed like a natural regeneration when you shifted?"

She nodded. He looked at the readings, nodding in turn.

"It allowed you to survive the wound, but you were lucky. It could have been fatal."

She nodded, brow furrowing. "I think the Babalon has stronger weaponry than the Prometheus."

He started a full-body scan to check for internal trauma, and frowned a moment as he saw the readings. "Duchess...your heart is damaged...We'll need to put you in the tank for the nanites to repair your inner trauma."

She nodded, though she wasn't entirely sure how nanites would interface with her system. "All right."

She got off the table with his help, and walked over to the free-standing tank close by. Zack opened the tank, pressing a few buttons on the side.

"The nanite system will repair your inner tissues. It should take a few minutes to do so. They should not interfere with your body normally, as I program them to use your DNA to repair the tissues."

doctoring4

She stared at the tank for a moment, but finally stepped in, feeling it tilt back. She'd seen the Duke use similar devices, but she'd never actually used one herself. She watched Zack put a hand on the glass, looking at her reassuringly.

"Do you trust me?"

She nodded.

"Then you know you have nothing to fear. I'll make sure you're safe, and healthy."

(Continued in part LXXXV.)

No comments:

I wanna live a vibrant life, but I wanna die a boring death

This is the..."Ham Tree"...at LORE . It's a group gift. Mesmer's love of meat where meat should not be is spreading... ...