25 June, 2021

say what you want me to say like (part CII)

(Roleplay entry. Continued from part CI.)

Zack sat at the desk in the clinic, opening the book. He picked up the pen and thought, then began to write.
Journal entry 1

Dear Diary, it's now been a few weeks since I installed myself in Gearhaven. I was before a clinician medic in Tau 34, and I've been gradually stopping to go to Haven.
He sighed, looking out over the veranda.
It was...supposed to be a community, a family, but things seems to have changed since I had an attempt here to put an end to my life. Things that a Companion would never do. My gesture was disapproved, and I had to leave. In the meantime, i was confined to do my work at Northstar Station in Fu Xing House.

Quite a story to put a resume at it. Anyway, after a moment I decided to cut the ropes with my current Mistress...
He stopped, breathing. He put a hand on the heart pendant of his collar, and closed his eyes a moment, before picking up the pen again and continuing.
I needed my freedom, as I was unhappy, and I claimed it. So after that, I decided to do what iI do best and keep traveling. During my travels, I end up going to Gearhaven. I had already been there before, but very briefly, and not in such spirit. It was during Justine's birthday that I felt that spirit, that...instinct of family, and I was starting to understand why she was feeling so good with them.

It took me some time to decide, but I finally accepted to come more often, and offer my help to this community. When I arrived the first time to come and install myself, there was an attack of tentacle creatures, I remember it quite well. Justine was the one who contacted me and asked for help, but myself, I was getting shot and quickly. Justine gave me a tag, saving my life.
He paused again, thinking, pondering.
I think...that because of this...I feel like I have a life debt toward the countess and the Duchy. She protected me and she was injured, so I brought her to the science lab to treat her wounds and then brought her back to her room to make sure she got some rest.

Justine...in my opinion...is not just a little
Meimei to me...She is an anchor to this community.

After that, this is where things went forward. The duchess built a clinic for me to work here as a medic to help the Duchy in case of injuries, medical treatment or follow ups. I heard that the Duc Hiro loved the idea and is happy to have me here for the family...a family...
He rubbed a tear from his eye, continuing after a deep breath.
I think this is something I missed, I don't feel like I am part of the community or that close anymore to Haven's colony. In fact, I feel like I am closer here, like I can be who I really want to be. This clinic is mine to run, my home and Gearhaven is probably so far the best family I had.

I have the feeling that I have a lot of adventures waiting for me here, and there will be over time.

End of Entry 1
He put the pen down, smiling, and closed the clinic for the night, retiring to bed.

(Continued in part CIII.)

No comments:

I wanna live a vibrant life, but I wanna die a boring death

This is the..."Ham Tree"...at LORE . It's a group gift. Mesmer's love of meat where meat should not be is spreading... ...