26 June, 2021

three voices come all alone (part CIII)

(Roleplay entry. Continued from part CII.)

Zack sat at his desk in the clinic, considering. Finally he sent a comm. "Duchess?"

Soft tic of the channel opening her end. "Hello?"

"Hello there...I read STAN's last report."

There was a pause, then..."Yes. It's going to be...tricky...but we need to concentrate more on what's happening in our timeline, currently, I think."

"It seems like if Hiro was stuck somewhere in the Bronze Age, and that something is holding time travel on that time. It's possible that it is not a blockade of...technologic nature."

He waited; no reply came. He continued. "I made my research concerning time travel using supernatural or magic energy. And there are some references to it...but....and it's a BIG but..." He sighed, rubbing his forehead.

"Yes?" the duchess asked quietly.

"This is supposed to be one of the highest levels of mangic existing in the arcane, and there is no mention of who or what was able to do this, nor how they did it. I might be able to gather more information and see if it might correspond to something concerning our issue but..."

"But?"

"I cannot promise I'll find any definitive answer. Time magic is very mysterious, even for me."

There was another pause, then..."For us all," she said. "Do your best, it may help."

"Yes, Duchess. I will do my best."

Zack clicked off the channel, looking at the papers spread out on the desk that showed mysterious ore readings across Gearhaven. He nodded.

"I will do my best," he whispered.

(Continued in part CIV.)

No comments:

I wanna live a vibrant life, but I wanna die a boring death

This is the..."Ham Tree"...at LORE . It's a group gift. Mesmer's love of meat where meat should not be is spreading... ...