10 October, 2018

good lord, it only brings me tears

Well, this was a brief bit of weirdness:
[11:08] Mxxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: do not any one im me any more some girl out of your group did im me make sure it dont happen anymore
So this is the second line I see after logging onto the grid in this group. This is a freebie and sales group, btw, just for context.
[11:08] Jxxxxx Dxxxxx: ??
[11:08] xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: ?
[11:09] Mxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: wonders if its ok to Im [Mxxxxxxxxxxx]
[11:09] Jxxxxxx Gxxxx: i didi
I think she's joking? But just in case, I pulled his profile:
i am a bdsm master but it will be 3 years before i get any slaves or sub i will let you all know when i feel better i am sick in rl its not something that gose away from me it never stops but we will see then how i am it maybe sooner then you think but time will teil i dont know when but i am not into sex at all not my thing so dont go there asking me for sex it wont happen uk male 38 next year
That's his SL bio. No punctuation. Nearly everything lower-case. I mean, I get he's sick, but...it's just weird, with his name, you know? Which I know you don't see, but trust me, it screams Wannabee Dom.

I'm just confused.
[11:10] sxxxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: oooo...in a Masterly tone no less..magic words always work -- even in a D/s world but especially in THIS group
[11:10] xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx smiles
[11:10] bxxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx giggles
[11:10] txxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: he could have said it a little bit nicer
[11:10] Jxxxxxx Gxxxx: must be a noob if that was his solution..
[11:10] dxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: 2 days old
That's another thing. Supposedly a "BDSM master", but two days old? Really? It's not completely impossible that someone with RL experience in a thing creates a new account on SL, but...the perception in the BDSM community at large is, if someone has "Master" in their username, and then further claims to BE a "BDSM master" somewhere in their profile? They're a fake.
[11:11] sxxxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: i can't think of a single time in life when 'please' is NOT appropriate
[11:11] xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: lol
[11:11] xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: ikr
[11:11] sxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: never IM anybody is a sin
I wouldn't say it's a sin, but it is terribly odd phrasing. And here's the thing--if he really had a problem with being contacted by someone, why not a) tell THEM to stop, or block THEM, or b, talk to the group owners? Either would work better than snapping at the entire group at random.
[11:11] txxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: he's probably an alt, with a name like that
Probably, but...still strange, right?

No picks, no FL bio, no SL or RL picture. Oddity.

Anyway, I went to another haunt today, the Haunted Garden of Whimsy. This is their description:
"It's creepy, it's gorey, there's zombies and dead things in the mist. Halloween comes early to the Garden. Come and explore if you dare. Photos, fishing, tours, residential rentals, carnival"
I hate zombies, mainly because I'm bad with shooting guns and I hate having my face eaten off. But okay.



So, this is the landing point. It's not a bad little space--good view, if dark due to enforced Ghost Windlight settings, a HUD giver for the sim's Skeleton Hunt, a guestbook where folks can leave comments. Sure.



Turned to the left and saw the haunted house, or at least the first one. It's not a bad build, we've seen it a lot, it was made by Death Row Designs and it's a pretty good base haunt style.

Though this fellow didn't seem to want to let me in.



Not even five steps in the door and I'm hit in the face with copyright violation. This one American McGee's "Alice: Madness Returns", in particular the "Patient Alice" rip that hit the grid several years ago.



The decorations seem on the sparse side, I'm not entirely sure why. Not every haunt needs massive clutter, but to go full-on the other way...Minimalism seems an odd choice, is all I'm saying.



And I should mention the lag. There is lag. There are tremendous amounts of syrupy, frozen-molasses lag. I stood here for five minutes trying to get a clear shot of this ghost. This was the very best one I got.



And another rip, really? This one of the child Walter Sullivan from Silent Hill 4: The Room.

I give up. I didn't explore the rest of the sim. You want to, knock yourselves out. But two full-on blatant copyright rips in my face in fifteen minutes? No. Not interested. I won't go back.

No comments:

hide away, they say, 'cos we don't want your broken parts

Yeah, so...remember that thing I was recovering from? You know, last year ? Yeah. I did it again. So this is Em Faw Down Go Boom part ...